Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Pressure cooker question

sourstix

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 4:54 pm
I just got a pressure cooker and I have a question that I didnt find in any manual. (perhaps I didnt read it well) from when do I start calculating cooking time? from when I close the pot? from when the pressure is built up? is my question clear? I am confused when to start timing it? cause every few minutes I open and check and I never know. so all experienced pressure cooker cooks please help me out. tell me if my question is clear. thank you so much.

Barbara

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 5:01 pm
sourstix wrote:
I just got a pressure cooker and I have a question that I didnt find in any manual. (perhaps I didnt read it well) from when do I start calculating cooking time? from when I close the pot? from when the pressure is built up? is my question clear? I am confused when to start timing it? cause every few minutes I open and check and I never know. so all experienced pressure cooker cooks please help me out. tell me if my question is clear. thank you so much.

From the time that the pot is completely pressurized, that is, when the top piece begins to rock (assuming that you don't have an electric one, in which case, I've no clue).

NEVER -- NEVER NEVER EVER -- open a pressure cooker that is still pressurized.

sourstix

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 7:18 pm
thanks barbara. I grew up with one the old style and thats the one I have now. trust me I know. I just couldnt figure out how the cooking goes. thanks.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 8:00 pm
Right.

And don't take the little top thingy off either, until the pressure is down, because a jet of steam will come up.

I love mine, you will love this machine.

Check the little holes against the kitchen ceiling light every time you to use it. They must not be clogged; you should see the light through the holes.

If you put a lot of water in, it takes a little longer, but then the cooking water becomes free soup. It may need flavor adjusting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey