Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cleveland, OH

amother

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:34 pm
Hi, we are looking for as much info on cleveland as possible. What type of place is it? very materialistic snobby? How is housing, schools, kosher shopping? can anyone please tell me which neighborhood we would most likely fit in? We are a mo family with young children (I cover my hair, but may wear short sleeves, own tv, go out, etc)
thanks!

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:37 pm
university heights, oh

amother

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:45 pm
thanks, are there shules in university heights? lots of young families?

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:55 pm
your best bet is to find an old thread ... these things are repeated every so often & too long to type out

but being mo you'll find it more your type - it's mid range in house pricing [vs cleveland hts which is cheaper but mostly yeshivish and beachwood which is more expensive housing] & the border between university heights & beachwood is green road - where you will find a variety of shuls from young israel to chabad to sfardi, etc.

all 3 areas being within a 3 mile distance

yes cleveland is family oriented - don't come here if you're looking for a shidduch

amother

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 3:38 pm
thank you. I decided to make my own post, because I couldn't find all that I was looking for Smile So any help from anyone is greatly appreciated.
thanks!

LO

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 8:59 pm
We lived in Cleveland for a few years and really liked it. It's very much an out of town community, very friendly and diverse, and relatively un-materialistic. Of course, it depends what crowd you are in, but since it's harder to buy all the NY-style clothing (AFAIK, there is only one frum clothing store), the standards are definitely lower. You get a bit less convenience in terms of shopping (small kosher grocery for kosher items, then go to regular grocery for everything else), but housing is cheap, traffic is way better than NY (people actually let you merge!), there are a few really good hospitals (I.e. Cleveland Clinic). There is an amazing pediatrician - Dr. Garber. I really miss her.
I agree with the University Heights suggestion, I think it would be the best neighborhood for someone MO, and the houses there are a bit nicer than the ones in Cleveland Heights anyway.
Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating