Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Black and blue on private part?

amother

Post Fri, Jan 02 2015, 5:47 am
I'm panicking a bit.

My 4 year old sleeps in a diaper. I noticed this week, when putting it on for her at night, that a spot on (towards the bottom of the outside of) her private part looked black and blue. I asked her about it, if anyone hurt her or if she fell, but she couldn't think of anything. The next night I noticed it again, it really looks creepy to me. I do wipe her after her bowel movements, but I can't think of how I might have reached that spot if I wiped too hard??

Should I be concerned? Take her to the Dr for this?? Wait and see if it goes away?

tweety1

Post Fri, Jan 02 2015, 7:24 am
Look through her body. If you see any more run to the dr asap. If you don't wait a few days if it goes away. If it does then you know she might have sat down to hard or something similar if it doesn't see a dr

justcallmeima

Post Fri, Jan 02 2015, 7:55 am
I'm not saying this is what you should do, but if I found bruises on my 4 y.o. daughter's v@gina I would go to the dr. immediately just so that I could be reassured that it's nothing. It probably is nothing, but I would want that reassurance from the dr. otherwise I would be panicky. But that's just me.

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Jan 02 2015, 7:59 am
She's 4 years old. She probably falls down while playing more than she can remember! Does she ride a bike at all? Asking because I remember often having pain in that area and bruising as a child from bikes, sitting on the gate, and sitting on my lunch box!

amother

Post Fri, Jan 02 2015, 8:03 am
Op here, thanks for the responses. I haven't checked over her body really - I will do so when she takes a shower today. She doesn't ride a bike yet. But agreed she can't remember every fall etc.
It's been so busy here and I didn't want to take her out of school to go to the dr but it keeps popping into my head and making me worried. I guess I will monitor it over and shabbos and go to dr. on sunday if it looks the same or worse...

cookiejar

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:31 pm
Ditto to what scrabble said - kids fall and bump so often... I would not panic. give it a few days, I'm sure it will go away - they always do!

workaholicmama

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 1:49 am
I remember as a kid I once jumped onto the counter to get something from a top cabinet, (I know, I know, mom wasn't happy every time I did it, but being extremely short I still do it sometimes😃) when I jumped back down the lower cabinet was open and hurt me badly between my feet... my area was swollen and blue for weeks....

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 2:01 am
I recently found a black/blue mark on myself.
I did go check it out and the doctor said it's just a coloration, sort of like a birthmark.
Perhaps go check it out just to be calm about it and know you did your best.
good luck!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 5:16 am
Op here - thankfully to report that it actually was just a bruise - and it is gone now. BH!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics