Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Greek yogurt cheese cake

amother

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 11:23 am
Any1 have a recipe? No flour please

sky

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 11:26 am
Is cornstarch okay?

http://www.cookkosher.com/inde.....58380

You can omit the crust (or sub a different crust) but the bottom may get a bit soggy.

Lemon blueberry cheesecake (very similar)
http://www.abakinggirl.com/201.....cake/

rise above

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 12:20 pm
I love this one-

Greek Yogurt Cheesecake
adapted slightly from Eat Live Run

Graham cracker crust (recipe below)

2 cups fat free plain Greek yogurt

1/2 cup sugar

pinch of salt

2 eggs

1 vanilla bean (seeds scraped out) or 2 tsp vanilla extract

1 T cornstarch

optional: sliced strawberries for garnish

Preheat oven to 350F. In a blender or food processor, combine the eggs, sugar, yogurt and vanilla. Blend until smooth, then add cornstarch and pinch of salt and blend again. Pour filling into crust in a 10 inch springform pan, and bake for 35 minutes.

When the cheesecake is done, it will still be jiggly in the center but will have a “done” look to it. The edges of the cake will start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Make sure you don’t overbake.

Let cool then chill for 2-3 hours in the fridge before releasing springform.

Arrange the sliced strawberries over top of the cooled cheesecake and serve.

Simple Graham Cracker Crust
from Choc. Covered Katie

around 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 sheets of graham crackers)

3 tablespoons almond milk

In a food processor, process crackers into fine crumbles. Add milk and process again to combine. Pour now-sticky crumbs into a prepared 10 inch springform pan, and smush down very firmly with your hands or a sheet of wax paper. You don’t need to pre-bake the crust; just pour the filling straight in.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 12:21 pm
I also love the one rise above posted. With a cup of coffee alongside.

imamazing

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 12:22 pm
rise above wrote:
I love this one-

Greek Yogurt Cheesecake
adapted slightly from Eat Live Run

Graham cracker crust (recipe below)

2 cups fat free plain Greek yogurt

1/2 cup sugar

pinch of salt

2 eggs

1 vanilla bean (seeds scraped out) or 2 tsp vanilla extract

1 T cornstarch

optional: sliced strawberries for garnish

Preheat oven to 350F. In a blender or food processor, combine the eggs, sugar, yogurt and vanilla. Blend until smooth, then add cornstarch and pinch of salt and blend again. Pour filling into crust in a 10 inch springform pan, and bake for 35 minutes.

When the cheesecake is done, it will still be jiggly in the center but will have a “done” look to it. The edges of the cake will start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Make sure you don’t overbake.

Let cool then chill for 2-3 hours in the fridge before releasing springform.

Arrange the sliced strawberries over top of the cooled cheesecake and serve.

Simple Graham Cracker Crust
from Choc. Covered Katie

around 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 sheets of graham crackers)

3 tablespoons almond milk

In a food processor, process crackers into fine crumbles. Add milk and process again to combine. Pour now-sticky crumbs into a prepared 10 inch springform pan, and smush down very firmly with your hands or a sheet of wax paper. You don’t need to pre-bake the crust; just pour the filling straight in.

I make this every Friday , using the ready graham cracker crusts. So delicious and super easy. Great Shabbos breakfast for my kids!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 4:03 pm
Can I freeze them?

studying_torah

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:19 pm
Just an FYI- a lot of the Greek yogurt have added thickeners and other ingredients; even in the plain variety.
Not sure if you mind that, but some ppl do.

smss

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:30 pm
just for the record, if your goal is to lose weight, a high-sugar, fat-free dessert is going to make things much harder in the long run, even if in the short run it's lower calorie than the alternative.

fat is what makes you full. if you remove it from food, and instead add in sugar which causes cravings for more & more sugar, you will find yourself eating more calories overall.

a full-fat, plain yogurt, mixed with strawberries or blueberries is a much better idea.

rise above

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:57 am
I actually find this cheese cake very filling- maybe because greek yogurt is so high in protien?
1/2 cup of sugar in the whole pan (and I use a scant 1/2 cup) is not terribly much per slice. I eat this for Shabbos morning breakfast with my coffee and I am full until lunch and I feel like I treated myself.

nosher

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 12:21 pm
How do you figure out the calories?

rise above

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 12:22 pm
I use http://recipes.sparkpeople.com.....r.asp

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 12:27 pm
smss wrote:
just for the record, if your goal is to lose weight, a high-sugar, fat-free dessert is going to make things much harder in the long run, even if in the short run it's lower calorie than the alternative.

fat is what makes you full. if you remove it from food, and instead add in sugar which causes cravings for more & more sugar, you will find yourself eating more calories overall.

a full-fat, plain yogurt, mixed with strawberries or blueberries is a much better idea.

I make this cheesecake using splenda. And, like previous poster said, I find myself feeling very satisfied afterwards, for a long time. Must be the protein Greek yogurt.
For me, it's a great snack to accompany coffee that's replacing worse food, so I definitely benefit from it.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 12:28 pm
Any gluten free alternative to GrahAm crackers?

sky

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 1:55 pm
amother wrote:
Can I freeze them?

Not sure. I once made it without the crust in muffin pan and froze as individual portions but it got sogggy. It could be just the way I froze it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise