Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Moving kitchen sinks 10 feet when redoing kitchen? Bad idea?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 3:45 pm
Person doing layout says kitchen will look better and be more user friendly if I move the sinks.

One plumber says it will be expensive (moving source of water and drain ten feet), but doable. People do this all the time when renovating.

Another plumber says it will cause leaks and assorted headaches. Has anyone done it?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 3:47 pm
You can do anything you want to do for enough money....depends on your budget. Yes, moving the plumbing causes a chunk of money. But if you have the money and think it's worth it, it's definitely doable.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 3:49 pm
I have. I moved it from one sink to two on different walls than the original sink. My kitchen is now the size of my original kitchen plus my old living room. Nothing leaks.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 3:55 pm
Sure you can do it — and if it improves your workflow, go for it! A good plumber should be able to move your plumbing without creating leaks. I do space planning and kitchen design professionally, and I recommend moving sinks all the time. I've also done so in my own home without incident. Maybe what you really need is a new plumber.

curlytop

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 5:00 pm
I moved plumbing in my kitchen. Shouldn't be such a big deal with the right plumber !

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 5:04 pm
Thanks, as usual Imamother helps out!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics