Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Physical Therapy DIY

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 5:04 pm
My toddler is walking on tiptoes since he started walking about a year ago. My pediatrician at first said to give it time since it's common. But he's two now and still walking on tiptoes. She wants me to have him evaluated for muscle tone.

Are there any exercises I can do with him at home to resolve the issue?

Thank you

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 5:26 pm
If I were you I would contact a PT and ask him to evaluate and provide a home exercise plan. It's not the kind of thing to DIY without knowing the root problem/s.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 5:31 pm
Are you in ny? There are a few reasons a child may walk on his tiptoes- could be low tone or high tone or sensory or bigger issues...The good news if you live in ny is that you're eligible for a free evaluation for early intervention- even if you don't qualify for services the PT will show you exercises to do with your child.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 6:53 pm
amother wrote:
Are you in ny? There are a few reasons a child may walk on his tiptoes- could be low tone or high tone or sensory or bigger issues...The good news if you live in ny is that you're eligible for a free evaluation for early intervention- even if you don't qualify for services the PT will show you exercises to do with your child.

Yes I'm in NY. You mean evaluation is free, and even if I don't qualify, the therapist will show me the exercises for free?

granolamom

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:23 pm
amother wrote:
Yes I'm in NY. You mean evaluation is free, and even if I don't qualify, the therapist will show me the exercises for free?

the evaluation is free. ime, the therapists who do the evaluation will show you a few things that you can do to help your child when they are done with the eval (especially if you ask).

zigi

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:34 pm
evaluations for early intervention in ny are free
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics