Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Top of the rib

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 4:01 pm
Any really great, NOT sweet recipes for a top of the rib? I did a search and nothing jumped out at me. Tia!

rain

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:23 pm
Not sure if you would consider this sweet. But I usually slice onions n place at bottom of tin. I then sprinkle a generous amount of non soup mix on both sides of meat and rub duck sauce over the soup mix n both sides. Place over onions and cover tightly. Bake 350 for 2.5 hours or until super soft

happysmile1

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 8:10 pm
I usually sauté one diced large sweet onion and a whole head of garlic peeled and cut in some olive oil in a large round flat pan (that has a lid). Then I brown the roast on both sides. I sprinkle on some onion and garlic powder, pour a bottle of dry red cooking wine (kedem) and a quarter to a half a cup of apple juice (it doesn't come out sweet at all but you could probably use water instead). I also add a tablespoon or so of non msg soup mix. I bring it to a boil and then lower the flame really low and simmer it covered about 3-4 hours depending on the size- I flip it in middle. I let it cool and then I stick it in the fridge over night. The next day I take the meat out of the pan and heat up the sauce. I slice the roast really thin against the grain and stick it back in to the pot to reheat. This recipe is amazing! The meat is super soft and really flavored!

happysmile1

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 8:13 pm
I've done this same recipe with a brisket and a minute roast and it was fantastic too! I find that roasts generally always come out really soft on the stove top being simmered for a while. I haven't had such luck with cooking roasts in the oven.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics