Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Waterbury 2015

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 10:34 am
Hi,
Does anyone have updated info about Waterbury. My friend is looking to move. She is interested in knowing housing prices, medical care, schools- types and tuition costs, type of community.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 8:56 pm
bump

musicmom

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 4:23 pm
Waterbury is a very New York/transplanted community. It seems very Yeshivish. There is a great pizza place there and the other part of the store is a small kosher grocery store. Their Costco also carries cholev yisroel things, as well as other grocery stores in their town. Small Jewish clothing stores are springing up in peoples homes as well. Their schools are good, and they go up through high school, for example there is a Beis Yaakov school. They are separated between boys and girls. The tuition is low, and there is financial aid available for anyone who lives in Waterbury. The housing prices are incredibly low, for custom homes with large kitchens with double everything and many bedrooms. This community has sprung up in the past 15 years out of nothing. It was a poor place to live before in an inner city ( I remember that!). However, there is a gated Jewish community/kollel type situation with low cost of houses and even lower costs to rent. The mikvah is absolutely gorgeous and much bigger than the one in my town. It is spacious and all new and really nice and luxurious. If you are not from New York and are a little different, I'm not sure this is the place for you, but if you are from and like New York and want something cheaper, look into Waterbury.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 6:54 pm
very yeshivish? Not the people I know

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 11:21 am
My husband visited there. He was afraid it was NY-y because we are very very not. He ended up loving it.
It is CHILLED yeshivish (many diff level of yeshivish of course), cool, warm, nice. The schools are frum but "normal". Not "crazy". Great level. Had we won the green card this year we may well be packing to there Smile

musicmom

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 11:34 am
I think they are very Litvish. Not so Chassidic. In terms of their schools and the people who live there.

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 11:47 am
The ad described as heimish. lol
Most are definitely not full blown chassidish.

musicmom

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 1:02 pm
What ad?

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 1:17 pm
op here- friend decided not to move but hope this thread helps others!

amother51

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 1:06 pm
Is the community very new york? are there a lot of ppl from OOT? any baalei tshuvas? would children of baalei tshuvas be accepted there?

how does blue ridge compare to the other part of waterbury near the yeshiva?

imabima

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 8:58 pm
Bum! Anyone have anything to add?

imabima

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 8:59 pm
imabima wrote:
Bum! Anyone have anything to add?

Oops! Meant to say "bump." Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating