Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How long do you spend WITH your kids a day?(spinoff)

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 2:55 pm
How long do you spend in total with your kids a day? and I mean personal time with them. not you cooking dinner and them playing in their room.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 2:56 pm
An hour-ish in the morning before gan (from when they wake up til I get them out the door), then from 1:30 (when they come home)-6:30, with maybe a total of 30 min-1 hour of household stuff. I work both in the mornings and evenings. And yes, my house is a disaster Smile

granolamom

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:39 pm
well, I homeschool. so I'm with some of my kids almost all.day.long.
my highschooler and I spend alot of time together in the evenings studying/talking (about 1-2 hrs depending on the night), and on the weekends shopping.
my younger ones each get about 30 min alone with me when we wait for their respective buses (they come a half hr apart so that works well) and another 30 min or so when they get home. then again at dinner (mealtimes here end up staggered as well, so that's usually me with only one or two kids at a time) and about 15 min bedtime. but whenever I'm cooking theres always a kid or two around talking.

Zehava

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:50 pm
Does it count if I'm cooking dinner and they're fighting/talking to me/eating a few inches away? They follow me around so I'm inclined to say from seven to seven. My older one from seven to ten then three to seven.

Shoelover

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 8:28 pm
From when he wakes up till 9, from when he gets home at 1, till he goes to sleep Smile he's 2.5 and he loves to "help" he cooks and bakes w me and we go on outings a few times a week

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 11:33 pm
I spend ENOUGH time with them!

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 1:29 am
Honestly, right now about an hour or two before bedtime on week nights and all weekend. I work fulltime, out of the house before 6am most days (before kid gets up). Depending on schedule I pick up after school. But this week and the next few weeks I have a lot of medical appt after work, so I'm not home until 5:30 to 7pm depending on appt time and rush hr traffic. Actually missing my child, haven't been able to spend much quality time with him. But it's important to get mommy's health better first so I can be functional emotionally and physically fit for my family. Right now doing weekly physical therapy and starting Accupinture for chronic pain from a car accident. Also seeing a therapist every few weeks because dealing with recovery from depression. And now have have a cavity to get filled, so have to fit a dentist appt in my schedule too. Busy busy busy!!! But b"h I am getting much better and healthier. Once I'm healthier, will be able to spend more time with my son.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 9:00 am
45 minutes in the morning. My 3 youngest from 3 onwards, my 3 older ones from 4:15 or 5 (if my oldest has extra learning a couple times a week). Yes I cook supper, but it doesn't involve so much of my time and attention, and I'll frequently have a kid (or 2 or 3 Wink ) telling me about their day, etc. 5:30ish is supper and after that I tend to focus on my older ones while my husband helps the younger ones get ready for bed since the younger ones had an extra hour+ in the afternoon with me. The older ones like to do their homework with me around and enjoy shmoozing with me at the same time. In the blocks of time for each "set" I try to have one on one time individually within that block.

OOTforlife

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 10:27 am
Monday thru Thursday
30-60 minutes in the morning
1-2 hours at night before bedtime (occasionally zero, but not often)
30 minutes waking in the night

Friday
30-60 minutes in the morning
2-4 hours before bedtime in winter, 30m-3 hours in summer

Shabbos
Almost the entire day

Sunday
Anywhere from 2 hours to almost all day, depending how much work I have.

relish

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 12:36 pm
I spend about 6 hours of awake time split between my kids. I don't think that's a lot being that most of that time is before school in the morning. (We get up really early) After school, it's just dinner, and bedtime routine.

SRS

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 1:01 pm
Not enough. It was not the case before and I'm trying to correct it. I never intended to spend so little personal time with them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics