Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Starting to think about purim...

amother

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 6:30 am
Am I crazy? I like to plan ahead so that it doesnt get too stressful (and expensive!) right before purim.
Wanna dress up my dc´s as prince and princess. Any cute ideas for Shalach manos? I want a cute container/box, and some cute stuff to put inside that I could connect to the royal theme...
TIA

DrMom

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 6:35 am
Maybe some sort of candy that looks like jewels?

Pineapple

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 6:36 am
DrMom wrote:
Maybe some sort of candy that looks like jewels?

Candy bracelet

Pineapple

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 6:37 am
Ring pop

shanie5

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 10:13 pm
A royal blue box or cellophane wrapping?

imokay

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 10:31 pm
My friend once did those costumes and her theme was royalTEA, it was really cute.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 10:34 pm
I had cardboard treasure boxes one year for a similar theme. You can try party stores or websites. I lined mine in red felt.

You throw in some gold coins, a crown royal liquor, and whatever else others have mentioned. I think I did rumball sceptors, too.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 3:28 am
amother wrote:
I had cardboard treasure boxes one year for a similar theme. You can try party stores or websites. I lined mine in red felt.

You throw in some gold coins, a crown royal liquor, and whatever else others have mentioned. I think I did rumball sceptors, too.

Was looking for treasure boxes but so far all of them are pirate ones. Also, how do u make rumball sceptors?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 9:44 am
amother wrote:
Was looking for treasure boxes but so far all of them are pirate ones. Also, how do u make rumball sceptors?

I found them on a party site, they looked like regular treasure chests, wood and red print, with no pirate markings. They were simple cardstock so maybe you want something more sturdy but it worked for me. I've definitely seen the even simpler cardboard ones that are a bit sturdier I'm just not sure where. If I have a minute I can try looking it up later.

I made the sceptors by dipping rumballs (the bakery kind, not the little chocolates you buy in the grocery lol) in gold and red crystal sprinkles. I stuck the lolipop sticks into them, and then I wrapped them in those cellophane wrappers meant for chocolate lollipops and tied a curling ribbon to keep the cellophane in place.

I even included a little poem wrapped as a scroll for some people who I thought would appreciate it. My son sang it as a purim shpiel.

I wish I had patience for such shtick this year. Too much going on bh.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 9:54 am
Same amother. It wasnt so hard to look them up after all...

http://www.birthdayexpress.com.....boxes

I used these. They have to be assembled, and like I said I lined it in felt to finish it off. There are no pirate symbols. The keyhole in the front looked a bit like a skull so I covered it with a gold freilechen purim sticker.

I'm sure you can find others like these.

Good luck!

amother

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 9:59 am
amother wrote:
Same amother. It wasnt so hard to look them up after all...

http://www.birthdayexpress.com.....boxes

I used these. They have to be assembled, and like I said I lined it in felt to finish it off. There are no pirate symbols. The keyhole in the front looked a bit like a skull so I covered it with a gold freilechen purim sticker.

I'm sure you can find others like these.

Good luck!

Op here. thanks so much! They definitely look gorgeous!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics