Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Staten island

dhithere

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 8:53 am
Hi.im from bp and im currently in the process of going into contract in staten island. I dont have anyone I know there. Am I taking too much of a risk to get to know new pple and learn to live independant?

elisheva25

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 9:13 am
I don't know you so I can't say . But I'll tell you from my experience. We moved here a little over two years ago and we knew no one. And really I mean we had no friends here or family. We knew of some people here but that's it. So how did it work out? Hashem took care of us that's the bottom line. But for specifics, we knew we couldn't stay in Brooklyn any longer and wanted affordable housing. We had no issues moving away from our family, we are pretty independent. My husband is a very outgoing person, and has no issues meeting people. The community here is very friendly and open minded. I meet people just by sending my kids to school here. From what I understand chassisish people are moving here, so from that aspect you should be fine. Also they are building a supermarket here. If you are not sending to schools here, the truth is it might be a bit harder to meet people, but still is doable.

dhithere

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 10:33 am
As of now my daughter is in bais yackov bp and she loves it. She is in first grade so its easier to change... but for now would keep her there. My son is 2 would lile to start him off in staten island. we are not chasidish type at all. Would consider ourselves heimish and outgoing . hence our daring move.

elisheva25

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 1:48 pm
ull be fine, u will see...with time you will adjust and like it here

dhithere

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 2:10 pm
Thanks elisheva. Would love to get to know u guyz!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating