Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
How to sell master bedroom set in brooklyn

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:27 am
We bought a house and will be moving soon iyh. To my great disappointment our MBR set will not fit in our new room until we make an extension (a good few years down the the road). Putting it in storage will be ridiculously expensive for that amount of time.

So, I guess we will need to sell it. It's Canadian made, classic piece, clean design, and it's 10 years new, in amazingly good condition. I think we paid for it $4,000. 2 headboards, armiore, nightstand, dresser with mirror.

Does anyone know how much I might get for it and where to advertise? Don't wanna spend too much, is there anywhere I can put in a free classified ad?

Also would anyone buy it minus the armiore (bcz that we can fit in I'd love to keep it)

Any helpful info is appreciated.

As the title says, I'm in brooklyn Wink

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:29 am
What size are the headboards? I may b interested

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:30 am
Twin size

dhithere

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:43 am
Im too planning to relocate I have a dining room set that Was the most expensive italian furniture in the store at that time. The dining room has a beautiful 3 door china closet the details and inlay is stunning. with gorgeous table that has a few leaves to extend and 8 beautiful designer chairs. The chairs will need new seats since it was never done right and are sunken in. The furniture store can provide a number of a guy that can do touchups to fix minor stuff and fix chairs. Im willing to take any reasonable offer for the set. If anyone wants a pic and is interested message me please.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 12:20 pm
Op here
Anyone has experience with selling something by putting a classified ad in torah times or weekly link? Is it worth it or do u just get a bunch of headache calls?

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 12:22 pm
If you price it reasonably you can sell through Luach.com or Torah Times, but you have to be realistic about its current value. Most people will want the armoire as well, and don't forget they also have to pay for a mover, which won't be cheap.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 12:23 pm
Try luach. I just bought my BR set through there.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 12:26 pm
doctorima wrote:
If you price it reasonably you can sell through Luach.com or Torah Times, but you have to be realistic about its current value. Most people will want the armoire as well, and don't forget they also have to pay for a mover, which won't be cheap.

This. How much do you anticipate getting for it?

Barbara

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 12:46 pm
amother wrote:
We bought a house and will be moving soon iyh. To my great disappointment our MBR set will not fit in our new room until we make an extension (a good few years down the the road). Putting it in storage will be ridiculously expensive for that amount of time.

So, I guess we will need to sell it. It's Canadian made, classic piece, clean design, and it's 10 years new, in amazingly good condition. I think we paid for it $4,000. 2 headboards, armiore, nightstand, dresser with mirror.

Does anyone know how much I might get for it and where to advertise? Don't wanna spend too much, is there anywhere I can put in a free classified ad?

Also would anyone buy it minus the armiore (bcz that we can fit in I'd love to keep it)

Any helpful info is appreciated.

As the title says, I'm in brooklyn Wink

Try Craigslist or luach.

Without the armoire, you're likely to get salvage value, maybe $150. After all, whoever buys it would wind up with a mismatched set.

Splitwise https://www.splitwise.com/calc.....iture tells me that with the armoire, if the set is "like new," you can get about $750. I'm guessing that's a little steep, though.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 2:33 pm
Op here
Thank you for all the replies! I guess I would sell it as a complete set. I was thinking $1500. But you say 750 is steep? Hmmm not sure it's worth selling then Surprised

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 3:22 pm
If it's 10 years old and you paid $4000, I'm afraid that you're being quite unrealistic to think you'll get $1500.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 11:08 am
amother wrote:
Op here
Thank you for all the replies! I guess I would sell it as a complete set. I was thinking $1500. But you say 750 is steep? Hmmm not sure it's worth selling then Surprised

I bought my dining room set used. It was four years old. They paid 10,000 for it. I paid 2,000 for it. You have to be realistic.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 11:30 am
Considering how little $ you would get for it anyway, I would just give it away as tzedakah. I apologize for being presumptuous, but IJMHO, the mitzvah of helping a family in need greatly outweighs the amount of $ that you would receive. Again, please, please, please don't be insulted.
As a side note, when my husband's parent passed away, my dh gave away a beautiful bedroom set to a needy family. They were thrilled and expressed such hakaras hatov.

Sherri

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
I bought my dining room set used. It was four years old. They paid 10,000 for it. I paid 2,000 for it. You have to be realistic.
Out of curiosity, what condition was it in?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 11:41 am
Sherri wrote:
Out of curiosity, what condition was it in?

Very very good condition. One chair needed to be reupholstered but they gave us the material for it. The break front was perfect. It's eight chairs and one hundred forty inch table with gorgeous design.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 11:06 am
Try posting it on
www.usedinbrooklyn.com
its a new website posting images of items people have to sell in brooklyn

Sherri

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 11:33 am
amother wrote:
Very very good condition. One chair needed to be reupholstered but they gave us the material for it. The break front was perfect. It's eight chairs and one hundred forty inch table with gorgeous design.
Wow, good for you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating