Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Helpl me decide on new flooring!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:30 pm
New flooring time! Hardwood or laminate? I feel like laminate is more flimsy than hardwood, but don't think I can afford to replace my hardwood floor in my dining room which is gone, with a new one. Is laminate easy to care for? Would love to hear people's experiences with laminate. Best place to buy in Brooklyn, Do it Yourself installation tips... TIA

KollelWife3

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:33 pm
Why don't you consider porcelain that has a parquet look?

Tiles are cheap and it is super easy to maintain. But it's quite expensive to put down.

I put that on all my floors. I love it.

Bpmom8

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:58 pm
I'm going to have to go with the above porcelain with wood design I have it and love it and not that hard to clean

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 10:30 pm
OP here,OK more confused than ever because we may need to put a new subfloor, not really sure. Need names of reliable flooring people/companies in Brooklyn. Need good people to give me estimates..

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 10:37 pm
OP here again,another option is to fix the hardwood floor we have though some pieces are coming up and need to be replaced. How to replace part of a hardwood floor?? Anyone know anyone in Brooklyn who can do this?

Lady Bug

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 10:46 pm
I definitely wouldn't go with laminate if you can afford not to. Both porcelain and wood are good choices.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 11:06 pm
amother wrote:
OP here again,another option is to fix the hardwood floor we have though some pieces are coming up and need to be replaced. How to replace part of a hardwood floor?? Anyone know anyone in Brooklyn who can do this?

I would totally recommend Verrezano Flooring. They refinished our wood floor. Anybody who comes into our house can't believe that our floors are 68 years old! Btw, they also replaced damaged sections of the floor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics