Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Best Toilet Training Approach

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 3:24 pm
DD 2.5 is ready to be toilet trained, she is showing all the signs and we are ready!

I read up on different techniques, bribe with treats, don't bribe, use training underwear, put on nothing, give them underwear, save underwear as a reward.

So tell me ladies, what is the best tried and true approach?

I plan on staying home with DD for as long as it takes and not rushing things.

DHY

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 8:28 pm
Same situation, will watch tis topic.

treetop12

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 8:49 pm
As a mother of boys, I have found that the easiest time to train is once they hit 3 years old. I find that every time I have tried to train them earlier the process was very frustrating and lengthy (even though they have shown all the signs of being ready). Whereas, when I wait until they were 3, they were trained within a few days with only a handful of accidents afterwards. Additionally, my boys were also trained at night at the same time which was an added bonus! Wink
As far as methods, we discussed it ahead of time and because they were older they understood the process, etc. I also gave them jelly beans each time they went.
Good luck!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 9:27 am
I guess this is different bec DD is 1 mth short of being 2.5. She is very mature and fully comprehends what it means.

I am looking for some tips. Do you leave them on the toilet all day? Do you ask them a hundred times if they have to go? I just don't know where to begin.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training