Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Will This Cause Sleep Regression?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 12:10 pm
My 6 mo. DD has been sleeping w/ a regular blanket at night as I could not get ahold of a wearable blanket. (Israel, Israelis don't seem to be into it.) Anyway, exactly a week ago, I started Ferber's method. It worked well and b"H, DD is sleeping nicely even though I don't let her sleep w/ her pacifier.

Now, I received a wearable blanket and would really like the baby to use it, as I am very often checking on her w/ the reg. blanket and making sure it doesn't cover her face. Anyway, just used it for a nap time. One nap she slept, but woke up pre-maturely. THe next nap she did not sleep and was NOT happy. It could be b/c she is outgrowing that nap (she takes 3), but I have a hunch that it is because she liked to grab her blanket and suck it (instead of the paci) She can't do it w/ the wearable. Will I have to start Ferber's method (CIO) again?

Any tips for me? I really don't want to do CIO over!

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 12:21 pm
If what she wants is something to hold/mouth you can get a "lovey" blanket, which is about a foot square so very unlikely to get entangled but big enough to give a young baby the feeling of holding something. Unless this particular baby is deeply attached to this particular blanket. Something to try?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 12:30 pm
Thanks Seeker! I have one Smile got as a present. Just never saw the point in it as she would ALWAYS cover her face w/ it. Are you sure it's not dangerous (considering it always goes over the face. The blanket usually didn't) because this might be a really good idea and I would definitely want to try it. I am not sure if she's attached to the blanket or not. I think she likes 3 aspects, the warmth (solvable w/ wearable blanket), sucking on s/t and possibly the smell.

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 12:33 pm
I would think a healthy 6-month-old would not be in danger from something small and light covering her face because if she weren't able to breathe well she could easily remove it. Unlike a larger blanket that could get wrapped around or tangled and a baby could have a hard time getting out. But if the blanket doesn't go over her face and the lovey does then why not stick with the blanket and feel better about it? But I'm not a safety expert. I'm just supposing here.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 12:40 pm
seeker wrote:
I would think a healthy 6-month-old would not be in danger from something small and light covering her face because if she weren't able to breathe well she could easily remove it. Unlike a larger blanket that could get wrapped around or tangled and a baby could have a hard time getting out. But if the blanket doesn't go over her face and the lovey does then why not stick with the blanket and feel better about it? But I'm not a safety expert. I'm just supposing here.

True. If she's fast asleep, I can wrap the blanket around her and she won't pull it over her face. The problem is when she is awake. I like to check on her frequently and make sure she doesn't pull it over her face and if she does, pull it off so she doesn't get all that CO2. This means I can't go back to sleep when she's still up... That's what I don't like.

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 12:43 pm
maybe a little soft doll?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics