Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Stainless Steel Dishware

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 3:04 pm
We bought stainless steel dishware a while back because I am a klutz and I was tired of breaking our china and ceramic one dish at a time (or more..). My husband got the dishware for me as a present after I broke some of our china and sat on the floor crying and asked if we could just get metal dishes Sad (I was pregnant and really emotional). Anyway, I love it. I really love it, and whenever I accidentally drop it I am ecstatic that it didn't break. I have never had a problem using it for Shabbos and it does not seem like my friends mind being served off it..but maybe they are just being polite, or think we are too poor to afford nice dishware. Whenever DH's parents visit, though, they make jokes through the whole meal about how we treat them like cats and dogs because only cats and dogs eat from stainless steel. Do other people feel this way, too, but are just too polite to say it? Should I go and buy a nice set of dishes for guests? They always break...I hate it. I also just don't see anything WRONG with what we have.

If you need a picture, we have the "dinnerware" set: http://www.cleanplanetware.com/

I do have glass wine glasses as well as stainless steel wine glasses.

Anon in case any of you have been to my house. Please be nice with your responses..I can't take much more today.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 3:29 pm
I've purchased some of these dishes and containers at an Indian Deli. I use them for serving and storage. I can't use them for dining since I hate the feel or sound of metal on metal. Sad I think they look great when the table is set with candles and they reflect the light.

Nomad

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 3:35 pm
Iv'e never seen SS dishes before, but those look pretty cool! I'm also a big fan of non-breakable. I use corelle...

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 12:42 pm
I know this thread is old, but I am looking for new dishes and was thinking about stainless. I am wondering if they hold up well and keep their shine or look really scratched up? Also, the link OP gave is pretty much sold out of everything. Anyone else have a good online source?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen