Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Cholent without cholent meat?
Previous  1  2

sped

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 7:32 am
Thnak you everyone. In the end I had a very hectic Erev Shabbos, so made a regular cholent with the turkey drumstick. It came out really good! Much better than chicken, or even turkey without the bone. A pleasant suprise. I may try one of the other ideas this Shabbos, IY"H.

pumpkinsbubby

Post Fri, Jan 16 2015, 12:57 pm
Reality wrote:
I made this a few weeks ago for the first time & it was a big hit with my family. I make my cholent in a crock-pot. I put in 1 cup of brown rice. I find the wild rice mixes are less mushy in the cholent than regular rice. Then I put in my raw meatballs (chopped meat, 1 egg, 1 chopped onion, w.w. matza meal, onion powder & garlic powder.). I used a little over 1 pound of chopped meat. I poured a 15 oz. can of tomato sauce on top. Covered everything with water. Sprinkled some onion & garlic powder.

It came out amazing. My DH was a little sceptical but even he told me I could make it again. The meatballs held together & the rice & sauce had cholent like taste.

Good luck!

I know this post is two years old. But I came across it and this recipe sounds amazing. I was just wondering if it would come out just as good if I used barley instead of rice, and added thinly sliced potatoes? Your opinions, please!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus