Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Tel Tzion

Aylat

Post Sat, May 10 2014, 4:46 pm
Hi!

We are interested in finding out more about Tel Tzion with a view to moving there in the summer. We're looking for a welcoming place with a community-feel to it. Hashkafically we want open-minded chareidi or shtark dati leumi, and we're fine living in a nonhomogeneous area as long as a) we have appropriate chinuch for our kids and b) there is (at least) peaceful coexistence between the different groups. Does Tel Tzion sound appropriate for us?

What kind of price range is housing?

We would love to come a visit for Shabbat to get a feel for the community - do any imamothers have contacts there who could put us up? Smile

Thanks in advance for any info or advice!! We really appreciate Smile Smile

Rachy510

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 8:26 am
bump

champion

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 9:15 am
I do not live in Tel Tzion but I have looked into the place and even visited to see it up close and this was my impression:
Most of the population is Sefardi Israeli, Mostly nice and sweet people with a bit of Israeli toughness.
All are chareidi, some might be working.
The Anglo population is limited to one or two blocks. there were one or two americans we found on the other blocks but they felt "out" of things in terms of the Chutznik social scene. (and don't live there anymore)
In general there is not a big representation of americans in tel zion.
I found that the American that lived in tel zion were even more yeshivish than the israeli's. Most of the DHS were still learning.
But Most of the americans there are real individuals and special people
The views are amazing. (more so on the more Israeli block)
the prices are reasonable.
public transportation is hard. although the ride itself to j-m, is not long
Tel zion neighbors a beutiful yishuv named cochav yaakov.
I hope I was able to help.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 10:04 am
I have some info, pm me.

myname1

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 10:21 am
You can feel free to pm me as well.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 2:05 pm
I live here, and anyone who wants more info about Tel Tzion can feel free to contact me.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 6:31 pm
I have a friend who has two of her married children living in Tel Tzion. They've been there for many years, and love it there. It's a quiet, kid friendly little community. IMHO it's a bit on the shtark side of Charedi, but that's just my view as an outsider.

PM me if you'd like to get in touch with my friend, she's American, and so are her kids.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 11:53 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I have a friend who has two of her married children living in Tel Tzion. They've been there for many years, and love it there. It's a quiet, kid friendly little community. IMHO it's a bit on the shtark side of Charedi, but that's just my view as an outsider.

PM me if you'd like to get in touch with my friend, she's American, and so are her kids.

I probably know who you are referring to as there is only one set of Anglo siblings here. That being the case they are from the more shtark end of the spectrum here. There is a spectrum of Charedi here. We are right next to Kochav Yaakov which is mizrachi, and there is a range from very Modern at one end of the spectrum in KY to very Charedi at the other end of the sepctrum in TZ, and everything in between.

A lot of the men here learn in Kollel, and there are men who work. Men who work are not discriminated against and are just as much a part of the community.

There is a fabulous sense of achdus between the different streams of Orthodoxy represented in Tel Tzion (Yishivish, Chassidish, Ashkenaz, Sephardi), and it was even noted by Rabbi Shlomo Amar who recently visited our yishuv.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions