Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Activity Ideas

amother

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 1:41 pm
My 3.5 year old has expressed extreme frustration about the fact that he doesn't have any "real things". Everything he has is pretend. He wishes he would have Real Tools like Tatty.

Obviously, I'm not planning on giving him real tools. He manages to do enough damage with his 'fake things' - he even broke his window once with a fisher price hammer!!

Does anyone have any ideas of something "real" he can do? He enjoys sweeping and vacuuming, which I let him do sometimes.

He has two younger siblings (and I work from home) so it can't be something that needs to be done with my complete undivided attention, since I never know when I'll be interrupted. And his 2 year old brother will want to participate too, so please do not suggest any water play!

If he was older I would buy something like this:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hou.....Zbql7
but he's only 3.5!

Any ideas of something constructive I can get for him to do?

ilovesem

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 2:40 pm
My son gets his Daddy's tools out and changes all the batteries from his toys to charge them. He loves cleaning and we let him do it. He bakes with me. We do DIY jobs around the house. He folds laundry and puts it away. Helps with the yard. Anything we can let him do to feel useful, he does eg hold the ladder whilst DH changes lights. In general a great lil helper! He's three.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 7:32 pm
mix shaving cream and food coloring in disposable muffin tins and "paint" while in bath - then wash down! kids love it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers