Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
How to become a medial coder/biller ?

israeli83

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 9:20 pm
I'm thinking about becoming a medical coder/biller but I'm not sure where to start and if it's worth the time? I already have a degree in health (nutrition) but I'd like to stay at home with my kids and work from home. So I'm thinking maybe I should try medical coding. I'd like to take the training courses online, if there are any. What exactly do I need to do in order to be certified? is it difficult to find jobs in this field? how's the pay?

amother

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 6:51 pm
I work for two jobs, one is my father at $20 an hour and one is a regular office for $12 per hour. I think it can make 30,000 a year if not more but I was trained on the job, so I can't tell you much about training. I find that the job is interesting, I do the follow up on the billing, the billing out and the appeals. I don't think you need to know every code out there because the codes are really specific to the office. One office I work in usues a ton and the other office uses 4! codes... Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers