Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Apple or something else?

amother

Post Sat, Jan 17 2015, 5:24 pm
I currently own a macbook, an ipad, a sony e-reader and a cell phone that is neither of those.

I am looking for a mp3-player and I also expect my smartphone to die in a couple of years (and the macbook may die too), so I am contemplating if I should just switch to all Apple products, or to all non-Apple ones (e.g. Android or windows for everything).

Is there anyone who tried all and made such a decision?

I don't use ipad or ereader that much, so the question is mainly that I want to synchronize my smartphone, laptop and mp-3 player.
Have you experienced a lot of problems woth iphones/ ipods? WHat about Sony products? Which tech support is better?

Thank you in advance

amother

Post Sat, Jan 17 2015, 10:23 pm
I am a firm anti-apple tech lover so my two cents is stick to a windows 2-in-1 tablet and android phone. Even if you do get an apple ipod, and I don't know of any good alternatives, it's still very easy to sync on a windows pc.

ETA: I had a windows phone but it felt very limited so I'm using android now. My phone automatically backs up to skydrive, windows cloud service, so I can access everything everywhere.

With itunes you can load an ipod very easily. If you get a surface or any of the windows tablets that run full windows you have the best of both worlds, IMO.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 2:00 am
I have a Macbook Air which I love, and a stupid phone. I do have an iPod Classic and for sound in my home I use a Klipsch deck which has (IMHO) much better sound than the Bose. Currently my iPod has over 16500 songs on it. I also have an external 3T hard drive that is about 3/4 full of music and video. I bought the iPod classic because of the sheer volume of music I can store. It has performed exceptionally well for me and I use Sharepod to transfer music onto it ( a bit easier than iTunes).

amother

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 2:02 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
I have a Macbook Air which I love, and a stupid phone. I do have an iPod Classic and for sound in my home I use a Klipsch deck which has (IMHO) much better sound than the Bose. Currently my iPod has over 16500 songs on it. I also have an external 3T hard drive that is about 3/4 full of music and video. I bought the iPod classic because of the sheer volume of music I can store. It has performed exceptionally well for me and I use Sharepod to transfer music onto it ( a bit easier than iTunes).

Do they still make the ipod classic? My old one doesnt hold a charge anymore.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 2:20 am
amother wrote:
Do they still make the ipod classic? My old one doesnt hold a charge anymore.

Yes they do mine is the 6th generation. I think I paid about $239 for it.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 2:31 am
Op here
older ipods are not available in my country. my choice is really between nano and touch.
A sony mp-4 player is more expensive and has fewer functions.
is it annoying that you are tied up to whatever trick apple pulls off next or is it fine?

AlwaysThinking

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 6:48 am
Apple = Pay a lot, get a little. Have a look at Samsung for the mp3 player and phone.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 9:40 am
Riff wrote:
Apple = Pay a lot, get a little. Have a look at Samsung for the mp3 player and phone.

Model number please? Does samsung really make a comparable music player to the ipod?

Totally agree that apple is basically a branding thing.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 4:33 pm
OP here

I just want to thank everyone for your responses.
I've just figured out that my sony e-reader can play music and it is as light as an ipod touch! I am the happiest person on earth now, that I don't need to spend the money!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics