Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Digital crockpot will it stay on for 3 day yomtov

RBSMOM

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 2:14 pm
My manual crockpot just died in the middle of shabbos. I need a new one before next shabbos. Do you have experience with a digital one? Does it stay on for a 3 day yom tov? if it works and you have a recommendation for a brand to get to stay away from that would be great. Should I just buy the standard manual "crock pot' again? Thanks.

cooksallday

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 5:51 pm
I don't know about every model, but the digital one I have only stays on for 12 hours which is super annoying even for Shabbos. what I end up doing is when I hear the 'beep' meaning it turns off, I transfer to the blech, which kind of defeats the purpose of a crockpot lol. I also have a small one that has settings low and high but that gets tricky too bc if its fully cooked b4 shab, it might overcook. Anyways my suggestion is to get a manual one with warm low and high setting, sorry I don't know about brands or anything.

The Happy Wife

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 6:19 pm
Some models shut off. Mine stays on until you shut it off. I can try to post model later.

tovli toraspicha

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 6:23 pm
The digital model that I had switched itself off after 24 hours, which would not work for a 3 day yom tov so when it died I went with the classic manual dial crock pot. But if there is a digital model that doesnt automatically switch off, I would be curious to hear about it...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen