Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
ISO someone to advise me on time management.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 12:26 am
I am not managing as well as I'd like to. I have a toddler and a 5 month old.

I get supper on the table at the last minute. usually still cooking dinner at 5-6 PM.
My laundry I get done but have cleaning lady fold.
Bathrooms get cleaned once a week by the cleaning lady same with floors.

I sweep daily multiple times and do my dishes don't usually go to bed with dirty dishes
I sit on the floor and play with my kids

Problem is only way my house can be perfectly clean and neat like nothing on counters etc. is if I stay up really late finishing at night.

I'm not really looking for tips here on imamother although I do appreciate them.

I'm actually looking to find someone who does this professionally who can guide me on what I am doing wrong.

Why do I not have time to breath.

I am a stay at home mom and just feel like I must be doing something wrong because I have such a hard time getting everything done!

Not even sure what type of professional I am looking for a life coach? a professional organizer although when I have time I am able to organize (when I have time)

Ok Imamothers tell me what I need? who I need? Advice welcome.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 2:04 pm
For starters cut down on your internet time. I find that eats up a lot of my time and when I limit my time on the computer I find I can accomplish much more!

cooksallday

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 11:50 pm
I have not much advice but all I can say is- you have 2 young kids and you are still able to clean up and not fall flat on your face? The fact that you are even able to put dinner on the table at a decent time, and have energy to clean up after is quite miraculous! Who can expect you to be perfect? Nobody's house is ever pristine... even my kallah teacher admits to leaving dishes in the sink etc and she has help! Take it easy it seems you are doing a great job. I dont even have kids yet and I find it hard to get everything done! It is tiring to take care of a house/clean/cook we are expected to be superwomen! There are apps to help with cleaning lists and stuff like that you can look up if you really think it's time management that is your problem. Hatzlacha!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 6:08 pm
Unless there is something not coming accross in your post, you sound totally on top of things!! You sound like me on a good day (also a SAHM of two little kids). I play with my kids during the day, cook quick suppers, barely clean the house at all (cleaning lady once a week). After the kids are in bed, that's my ME time. Once in a while I will clean up then, but usually I'm too tired.

If you are home with little kids, there is simply no way your house is going to be neat and clean. However, ig you feel like you can improve, I would start with a personal organizer who might be able to help you streamline how your house runs. For me, one of the biggest factors is constantly purging and getting rid of stuff that we don't need.

zigi

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 7:57 pm
the house isn't neat because its being used, made lunch = dishes. played with kids = toys out

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 8:32 pm
number one rule when you have kids that age: USE A CROCK POT! put up supper in the morning, during nap time/quiet time. then no worries about supper until it's time to eat.

sweep up once a day, unless someone got to a whole box of cereal.

put things away as you use them.

have the kids pick up their toys.

it sounds like you're doing fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics