Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I need chizuk from people who've done sales

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 1:04 pm
I started a job a few months ago, its a great job, local, growing company, the pay is good, I like the boss, the company etc. A BIG chunk of my job is doing sales, so I have to contact businesses like hospitals, college campuses, nursing homes etc and present our service/product to them. I don't want to get specific because I prefer to remain anonymous and people will figure out who I am if I get into more details. Anyways, I feel like I'm doing a great job at the presentations and I thank g-d had a whole bunch of meeting in the past week or 2 with potential clients. They seemed super interested in the service and told me to send a proposal. I know many of our competitors and many of them don't even come close to offering as good of a product as our company does so I know I have a good shot at making these sales. Thing is...no one seems to be getting back to me!!! It's soo frustrating!! They are all taking their sweet time even when some of them have told me specifically they are in need of our service immediately and have every indication that our company is the one they will use. So they say "ok I will discuss it with my supervisor/boss/CEO etc and get back to you" and nobody seems to be calling me back!!! I know that sales takes lots of patience and I have patience but I am so desperate to make a sale already, it would boost my confidence to the skies and I really need a confidence boost! Don't worry, I never show that I'm desperate when I'm doing presentations, I always dress super professional and I'm not intimidated or nervous when I talk to some of the "big wigs" of these places. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I really need chizzuk. I know that sales can be like this. People take their time and are in no rush when it comes to their own wallets but I just feel like I have a whole bunch of super hot leads that are so close to working out but so far nothing is happening yet and I'm getting so impatient/down about it. I need chizzuk from people who've been in sales, any stories, encouragement, real life situations about how long it took to make sales and become successful, anything to help keep me even keeled and keep my confidence up. Oh and b"h my boss is a malach, he hasn't said anything to me at all although I know he really wants me to make a sale but he pays me a salary and never pressures me. He sees I'm putting in my all and I'm really grateful for that. Thanks.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 7:51 pm
bump (OP here)

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 8:01 pm
It's called "closing" and people say it can be hard.

Google the phrase "closing a sale" and look around at whatever free advice you can find on the internet. But don't pay money for any courses or stuff.

In January people are still coming off holiday expenses; money may not be abundant; be patient.

Keep a sharp ear out for how others in your company do it. Watch and listen. Eavesdrop on them.

cfriedman2

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 9:42 pm
Be creative. Mail them a prepaid cell phone with your number and say call me to close the sale, keep following up, drop off doughnuts one day at the office with ur biz card,

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 10:06 pm
Send a box of brownies with a custom card with a photo of your product..... Smile

amother

Post Fri, Mar 20 2015, 1:02 pm
OP here-- update, I made a couple sales and a few others are likely happening as well. Smile I guess now my post can give chizuk to other people in sales. You can do it!

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Mar 20 2015, 1:24 pm
I'll get back to you can sometimes be a stall. You can reply with something like, " Would calling back on the 12th be convenient for you'. Every time you qualify them on a need, close them on that particular need. "We it sounds like you know that you have a 'need' (insert specific) that we could fill with our amazing_____ product". Do the same with the product benefits.

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Mar 22 2015, 1:09 pm
OP, I'm very happy to hear you're making progress and closed the deals. Kol hakavod!
I occasionally deal with hospitals, labs and nursing homes as a research analyst, and
what I think they all tell me are, they have distinct needs--may it be specific quality
or specification of products/services, or maybe something that saves processing time
or let fewer staff handle more cases, or improves quality of services/cares THEY provide.
Also many hospitals and clinics have dedicated staff who is in charge of procurement,
so knowing who makes the buying decision and approaching her/him is very important.
(Though in some cases, actual users--eg care staff, nurses etc can be the actual decision
maker).

It sounds like you feel very strongly about the service you're providing. The trick is to
match the customers needs to your offering. As a competitive advantage, do you know
who your competitors are, and what they offer, and how they price compared to your service?

If you have clients who say no thank-you, try to be polite and try to find out why they declined.
Maybe you can adjust your presentation to increase future potential. And also potential leads
who rejected CAN be future clients, so keeping occasional contacts won't hurt.

Wishing much hatzlacha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics