Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is this a reasonable price?

mk613

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 5:47 pm
I am looking to buy my first ever sheitel (I've been wearing tichels since getting married less than a year ago) because I am starting a new job and need to look nice.

An Israeli sheitelmacher came to our town (in Europe, in an area with no kosher wig stores) and I tried one of her self-made sheitels on. It's wavy and dark, very pretty, the hair feels nice and silky, it's a little past shoulder length, virgin european/brazilian hair, velvet band built in, very realistic part. The only problem? It's $2300.

shock

Is that reasonable? Is that ridiculous? I haven't been sheitel shopping before so I just don't know what a good quality sheitel should go for. I have some time before my job starts, so should I wait and try to find a cheaper one somehow? Or is it worth it? Should I just buy it now so I have it and don't have to worry about finding one (which would probably require either a trip to the US or to Israel, which aren't cheap either)?

I could afford it, bh. But would I be taken advantage of, or is this what nice sheitels go for?

kb

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 6:15 pm
Doesn't sound very expensive for a good sheitel. And I assume she is taking advantage of you just a bit, in exchange for her coming to your neighborhood.

MamaBear

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 6:36 pm
Ask her to wash it so you can see how the hair looks without any blowdrying, styling and products.

Also, ask her if it come with some sort of warranty. If not, I would pass.

ETA that is what a good sheitel goes for, you just want to make sure you're getting what you want/need

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 6:50 pm
You are not being taken advantage of if you're getting what you think you're getting. Whether you are in fact getting that is difficult for anyone here to say. Maybe you could post her name and see if any of the Israeli members have experience with her. Otherwise make sure she'll stand behind her product, esp. since you're in Europe and will be stuck if there's a problem and she's unwilling to fix it.

mk613

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 4:37 pm
Thank you! I ended up getting it (after a sheitel-wearing friend took a look at it for quality control)! I'm very excited to have this option, and I'll post a review after I've had the chance to wear it for a while to let you all know how the brand is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels