Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva high school in Rochester- any information

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 12:01 am
We are considering Rochester for our son for next year and I'm looking for information:

1) What types of things do the boys get into? Our son has a tendency to get caught up in whatever the worst kids are doing, but doesn't necessarily seek out and discover bad things on his own. I'm concerned about drinking, smoking, girls, movies and worse that I've heard can be a problem in different places. I've heard that Rochester might be cleaner, but I really need to know the truth about what boys get into there. (even if it's a minority there)

2) Do the boys in the Yeshiva have contact with the girl's high school?

3) How on top of the dorm are they? Do boys sneak out?

4) What's the daily schedule like?

5) In terms of the learning- do they make it exciting to draw the boys in?

I would be open to hearing about other places, if anyone else has a different suggestion.

Our son grew up Yeshivish, but is moving in a different direction right now. He likes that they can wear coloured shirts there, but he doesn't mind going to a place where it's white-shirt either. He feels like he can look at it as a uniform and it doesn't bother him, even if it's not who he is right now.

Drinking really makes me nervous, because he doesn't seem to see anything wrong with it. (not sure where that attitude came from, but apparently teenagers know much more than their parents. I'm just silly and nervous when I say that a boy- not him- who is drinking during the week has a problem.)

anonimouse

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 10:43 am
Don't know much about it other than it being a Chofetz Chaim place and I heard it's warm.

Maybe someone else has good information for you?

Hatzlacha!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 2:11 pm
bumping in the hope that anyone can help?

vet techy

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 2:21 pm
Pm me.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 3:41 pm
The yeshiva is smaller and chofetz chaim. They seem a bit more laid back but they definitely try to keep the boys away from the high school girls pretty well. Also from personal knowledge, a lot of guys come out of there really solid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics