Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
BDE Reb Dovid Winiarz Z”L.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 3:22 pm
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html

The Staten Island Frum community of Willowbrook is in shock Sunday morning, upon learning of the tragic Petira of Reb Dovid Winiarz Z”L. As YWN had reported earlier, R’ Dovid was involved in a serious crash in Maryland early Sunday morning, during the ice storm which paralyzed the tri-state area.

A Misaskim spokesperson tells YWN that the accident happened on Route 23 and High Point Road in Hartford Maryland. Three other occupants of the vehicle – reportedly all residents of New Jersey – were injured and taken to local hospitals. Their exact conditions were still unknown. R’ Dovid was a passenger in the vehicle which reportedly hit a patch of black-ice while travelling to the AJOP Convention which is taking place at the Hunt Valley Inn Baltimore, MD.

R’ Dovid was known for his amazing acts of Chesed, and was heavily involved in running the local Bikur Cholim and Tomchei Shabbos is Staten Island. He was deeply involved in Kiruv as well, and brought many people back to their roots.

Reb Winiarz leaves behind his wife and 10 children – 7 of them unmarried.

In an absolutely tragic and shocking twist to the already tragic story, are his last two posts on Facebook which were made on Motzei Shabbos (posted below).

The first post reads “I will be travelling Motzei Shabbos/Saturday nite with the encouragement of my wife and children to a convention in Baltimore …….. If I am delayed in replying to messages…please bear with me”.

The last post he made reads “Before I leave on my road trip I came to learn Torah with my son and his friend…” (at an Avos Ubanim program). Attached to the post is a video of his son reading a Dvar Torah on this weeks Parsha.

Misaskim is working closely with the local Coroner as well as the Hartford County Police Department and the Maryland State Police to ensure the proper Kavod Haniftar is provided.

Levaya information will be published as soon as it becomes available to us.

Boruch Dayan Ha’Emmes…

- See more at: http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......dpuf

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 3:23 pm
So sad

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 3:26 pm
it's always tragic to lose someone - especially so suddenly ...

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 4:00 pm
BD"E. So very sad.

Road conditions in Maryland this morning were treacherous — freezing rain coated roads with sheets of ice and there were many, many accidents in the greater Baltimore area.

mirror

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 4:09 pm
His youngest child is only six years old.

Barbara

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 4:20 pm
BDE

He posted online as the Facebuker Rebbe, for those of you who might know of him that way.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 4:45 pm
BDE - so terribly sad.

zaq

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 6:17 pm
Is anyone collecting money for the family?

Mom23gs

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 6:22 pm
This is a link for donations:

http://www.youcaring.com/other.....ailto

Bpmom8

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 6:37 pm
BDE

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 3:06 am
Reb Dovid was an amazing person who just radiated positivity and love of his fellow Jew. I have been following his posts for a couple of years and I have always been bowled over by his relentless love and warmth for everyone. He left a real legacy. Many of us are simply reeling from his sudden petirah.

Roseflower

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 6:02 pm
Mrs. Miriam Winiarz, R' Dovid's wife, was nifteres this afternoon.

May the family have a nechamah, and may her neshama have an aliya to the highest levels of Gan Eden.

greatgirl

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 6:07 pm
I am heartbroken!

cnc

Post Mon, Dec 12 2022, 6:10 pm
BDE:( I am having a hard time getting to myself.
May their beautiful family have a nechama.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics