Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Medicaid question

amother

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 6:05 pm
Does anyone know anything that can help us?

We submitted a renewal form for Medicaid back in November, was due early December--at the time we didn't need to send proof of anything, and all SSNs are on file. Based on our income we thought DH would get kicked off --I'm expecting and kids are young enough to still qualify, "unborn" is already listed on the medicaid form. Didn't hear anything early January so we called the HRA hotline on my husband's SSN and it said "renewal was successful".
I'm due in less than 2 weeks but in February, today we received a renewal form asking for birth certificates for everyone in the family due Jan 30th. Huh? Nothing has changed in the past 2 months, and won't change until the baby is born--and based on my dr's letter that we submitted as proof of pregnancy it should have had my Feb due date. Also don't we have to recertify after baby is born? Also why do we only have a little more than 1 week to submit this? Finally, my income has dropped since I reduced my work load b/c I'm due soon which would make us fully eligible for Medicaid, will they think that's suspicious?

I HAVE easy access to all the birth certificates, I'm just not sure why I need to resubmit them--especially since the baby isn't born yet.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 6:23 pm
Why don't you call them?

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 8:35 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Why don't you call them?

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Have you ever tried that?

thanks

Post Fri, Jan 23 2015, 1:20 am
I have. My mother has medicaid, and I've called many times with questions. I have my calls returned every time. I'm dealing with Rockland County; maybe it's different elswhere.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics