Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
LeapPad2 Explorer

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Jan 23 2015, 1:32 pm
I came across this deal and am tempted to purchase it for my eight year old DD: http://kollelbudget.com/amazon.....rice/

$35 for the device. I understand that it does not come with a charger, and that the batteries may need to be replaced often. What concerns me the most, however, is how much can it be used independently without connecting to a computer, with/without Internet? We do not have internet at home, and we currently do not own a working computer. If necessary, I can try to connect the device to a computer at work, but will probably not be an option on a regular basis . Would this tablet be a good option for my family under these circumstances?

rachel22

Post Sat, Jan 24 2015, 3:20 pm
I have this for my son and love it. U would need the Internet to start up. And if u want to upload the progress of her games. Then for games it self u can purchase them as an app and would need to download it , or can buy the game cartridge ( u knw like a game boy) and I dnt think u would need the Internet for that.. I've only purchased the apps so dnt knw much bout the cartridge . U can go ok their website and see what they have..

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Jan 24 2015, 3:58 pm
Is it necessary to upload the progress of her game? And I wouldn't be able to access the apps through wifi, or even to start up the tablet initially, would I? If I understood the Amazon reviews correctly, I would need to connect the tablet to a computer using a cable. That can make things complicated since I'd be downloading software to a computer that is not mine (work's, library, etc.). Can you clarify that for me?

rachel22

Post Sat, Jan 24 2015, 4:06 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Is it necessary to upload the progress of her game? And I wouldn't be able to access the apps through wifi, or even to start up the tablet initially, would I? If I understood the Amazon reviews correctly, I would need to connect the tablet to a computer using a cable. That can make things complicated since I'd be downloading software to a computer that is not mine (work's, library, etc.). Can you clarify that for me?

It's not necessary to upload the progress.. And yeah u would be downloading software to the computer. This model does not have wifi.. ( that's y I like it) so u won't be able to start up on its own.. I believe the newer model does have wifi connection but it's more pricey ..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars