Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Free unlimited "Cloud" storage?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Jan 24 2015, 11:37 pm
I would like to back up all my family photos and video clips. I copied them to DVDs, but DVDs are fragile, and I'd like a better solution. Is there a Cloud storage option which is either free, or has a one-time fee? I don't want the expense of paying a monthly fee- even a minimal fee will quickly add up over the years. My photos are all uploaded on Snapfish, but I don't have that option for videos (unless I pay). All my photos and videos taken on my phone are automatically backed up on Google+, but not those on my camera, and besides, if I understand correctly, I only get limited storage space on Google Plus.

kollel wife

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 8:07 am
Could you use a flash drive or something similar and just keep in a safe place?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 8:46 am
Is that what most people do? Am I unrealistic for hoping for something taking up no physical space, safer, and cheaper?

youngishbear

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 8:54 am
Look into the different cloud options carefully. Some don't save high quality files. I might be mistaken but I read that about googledrive.

And sorry, but cloud strorage costs money... ETA: in fact, its the business of the future... companies like google and microsoft are trying to force everyone to store everything in the cloud so they can make money off us.

I second the external storage drive options. You can keep them in a fireproof safe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics