Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Looking to work from home in Israel, any ideas?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 6:27 am
I am looking to bring in good money. I dont know what to do. Does anyone know any from home jobs that are opened at the moment?
I would prefer israel hours but if they are night time hours that would work as well.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 7:22 am
We are trying to organize something...

Shalom,

I have been thinking and marinating this letter in my head since the interview day. I wanted to write to all the women I met that Monday and tell them my thoughts and feelings, and also connect to other women that I did not get the opportunity to meet.

I scheduled the interviews for one day because I dislike interviews and usually feel totally drained after them. However, in this case it was a completely different story. Every woman who came to the interview was special and unique in her own way, …and extremely competent!

As I interviewed several women, it became apparent that I would have a problem choosing the right person. All the candidates that I invited to interview with me that day were perfectly capable and competent to perform well the duties required by the position! Every single woman had so much to offer!

Toward the middle of the interview schedule, I started to feel overwhelmed because of course I only had one spot and all these wonderful, smart, competent women made the effort to come to the interview, no simple task with family obligations, etc.

I knew that I could not just forget about it.. interview you, choose someone, and forget about the others!

I did choose an administrative assistant, but I did not forget about the women I met!

In the process of talking to a few people and thinking about the possibilities, here are a few ideas that have come up so far …

Please remember… these ideas are still in their development phase and I will be meeting with those of you that want and can meet to develop these ideas and put them I’YH into action. Hopefully we will be meeting … to discuss things… to put our heads together and b’syata d’shmaya come up with a plan.

Here are a few thoughts that I have already mentioned and discussed with several people…

1. There is a huge pool of human resources here in E’Y: Jewish women who are educated, smart, dependable, honest, … and fluent in English. (my job ad got over 1000 clicks)
2. There are companies in the Anglo world (Britain, US, Canada, Australia, South Africa, etc.?) that want to outsource and probably already do here. They obviously get more for their dollar/pound/euro/rand here than in their countries. With modern technology, there have to be jobs available!

How will we reach these companies?

Well, if we have a meeting, all of us will discover that we know at least 10 people well (at least) and those people all know 10 people, etc… Do you see my point?

There are people that have companies… maybe smaller, maybe medium… (Maybe big ones like Amazon or Visa, etc would only outsource to India…ok so be it) that could benefit from our expertise here. Maybe these companies are here in E’Y….

We need to reach these companies and their CEOs.

I don’t have all the answers or even all the questions, but I think that there is something here.

So, I think that we should meet and proceed…

This is completely a non-profit endeavor. However, if anything develops some of the women may have to be employed as job developers. For now, we should just think of getting people jobs.

This is only one idea and I believe that there are other wonderful ideas in the heads of all the people that I have already met and will hopefully meet. I am not a leader or anyone that likes to sell any ideas or anything else, but I am a good collaborator. So, perhaps we will discuss the idea of leadership and who could lead this “project” I am not fit for this position.

Also, this “project” is for all Jewish women who love Hshem whatever their level of Torah observance or their affiliation. We are all growing and I don’t want to do anything that could chas v’shalom further divide us. I hope that the only “platform” here will be our inner desire to raise ourselves beyond our individual “boxes” and honor the fact that Am Yisroel is [gentile] ehad… v’zeu.

I honestly can tell you that my time to answer emails is so very limited. It took me forever to just sit down to write this letter. I think it would be better if we schedule a meeting and start … It is always important to start and get the ideas flowing… Even if for whatever reason you would not be able to join us and come, whatever develops here will hopefully benefit many women, not only the ones that come. We can stay in touch via emails as well…

I look forward to hearing from everyone. Please indicate your availability times. I am hoping to schedule something in the morningish maybe around 10 am sometime soon in the comings week or weeks (yom rishon, sheini, shlishi, or revii..)

Sincerely,

Leah
tehilim_mishpacha@hotmail.com

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 7:34 am
I am the OP. Im not really understanding what your idea is here.

luppamom

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 7:58 am
amother wrote:
I am the OP. Im not really understanding what your idea is here.

Do you have a degree? If so, maybe look into that field for high paying. If not, there are WAH jobs, but the pay is not usually that great. It will be above American/Israeli minimum wage, but probably not more than that.

You can PM me if you want. I can only think of two possibilities off hand, one of which you've probably considered, but I often see WAH job offers.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 8:00 am
Leah,
Where is that meeting going to be?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 8:44 am
Do you enjoy baking? You can bake for simchas or Shabbos and Yom Tov. You can tutor or sell jewelry and makeup

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 9:23 am
Can't pm you. Please email me at fiddle6256@gmail.com. My company is hiring. Work from home. Transcription

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 9:29 am
luppamom wrote:
Do you have a degree? If so, maybe look into that field for high paying. If not, there are WAH jobs, but the pay is not usually that great. It will be above American/Israeli minimum wage, but probably not more than that.

You can PM me if you want. I can only think of two possibilities off hand, one of which you've probably considered, but I often see WAH job offers.
I have a BA in psych. I dont want to work in that field.
Ill pm you soon.
And I cant impagine what you have in mind. Have not thought of a thing.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 9:34 am
amother wrote:
Do you enjoy baking? You can bake for simchas or Shabbos and Yom Tov. You can tutor or sell jewelry and makeup
My community has bakers galore Smile
How can I tutor if I dont know anything enough to tutor in it.
What jewelry would I sell?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 9:36 am
amother wrote:
Can't pm you. Please email me at fiddle6256@gmail.com. My company is hiring. Work from home. Transcription
Im the OP. Do I have to have experience? I have none.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 6:21 pm
For tutoring if you don't feel confident you can always tutor real young ones that need help. Costume and silver jewelry can be bought by wholesalers or on line great markup

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 6:26 pm
amother wrote:
We are trying to organize something...

Shalom,

I have been thinking and marinating this letter in my head since the interview day. I wanted to write to all the women I met that Monday and tell them my thoughts and feelings, and also connect to other women that I did not get the opportunity to meet.

I scheduled the interviews for one day because I dislike interviews and usually feel totally drained after them. However, in this case it was a completely different story. Every woman who came to the interview was special and unique in her own way, …and extremely competent!

As I interviewed several women, it became apparent that I would have a problem choosing the right person. All the candidates that I invited to interview with me that day were perfectly capable and competent to perform well the duties required by the position! Every single woman had so much to offer!

Toward the middle of the interview schedule, I started to feel overwhelmed because of course I only had one spot and all these wonderful, smart, competent women made the effort to come to the interview, no simple task with family obligations, etc.

I knew that I could not just forget about it.. interview you, choose someone, and forget about the others!

I did choose an administrative assistant, but I did not forget about the women I met!

In the process of talking to a few people and thinking about the possibilities, here are a few ideas that have come up so far …

Please remember… these ideas are still in their development phase and I will be meeting with those of you that want and can meet to develop these ideas and put them I’YH into action. Hopefully we will be meeting … to discuss things… to put our heads together and b’syata d’shmaya come up with a plan.

Here are a few thoughts that I have already mentioned and discussed with several people…

1. There is a huge pool of human resources here in E’Y: Jewish women who are educated, smart, dependable, honest, … and fluent in English. (my job ad got over 1000 clicks)
2. There are companies in the Anglo world (Britain, US, Canada, Australia, South Africa, etc.?) that want to outsource and probably already do here. They obviously get more for their dollar/pound/euro/rand here than in their countries. With modern technology, there have to be jobs available!

How will we reach these companies?

Well, if we have a meeting, all of us will discover that we know at least 10 people well (at least) and those people all know 10 people, etc… Do you see my point?

There are people that have companies… maybe smaller, maybe medium… (Maybe big ones like Amazon or Visa, etc would only outsource to India…ok so be it) that could benefit from our expertise here. Maybe these companies are here in E’Y….

We need to reach these companies and their CEOs.

I don’t have all the answers or even all the questions, but I think that there is something here.

So, I think that we should meet and proceed…

This is completely a non-profit endeavor. However, if anything develops some of the women may have to be employed as job developers. For now, we should just think of getting people jobs.

This is only one idea and I believe that there are other wonderful ideas in the heads of all the people that I have already met and will hopefully meet. I am not a leader or anyone that likes to sell any ideas or anything else, but I am a good collaborator. So, perhaps we will discuss the idea of leadership and who could lead this “project” I am not fit for this position.

Also, this “project” is for all Jewish women who love Hshem whatever their level of Torah observance or their affiliation. We are all growing and I don’t want to do anything that could chas v’shalom further divide us. I hope that the only “platform” here will be our inner desire to raise ourselves beyond our individual “boxes” and honor the fact that Am Yisroel is [gentile] ehad… v’zeu.

I honestly can tell you that my time to answer emails is so very limited. It took me forever to just sit down to write this letter. I think it would be better if we schedule a meeting and start … It is always important to start and get the ideas flowing… Even if for whatever reason you would not be able to join us and come, whatever develops here will hopefully benefit many women, not only the ones that come. We can stay in touch via emails as well…

I look forward to hearing from everyone. Please indicate your availability times. I am hoping to schedule something in the morningish maybe around 10 am sometime soon in the comings week or weeks (yom rishon, sheini, shlishi, or revii..)

Sincerely,

Leah
tehilim_mishpacha@hotmail.com

Not quite sure what this is about, but maybe start a new thread? People who didn't open OPs thread for whatever reason b/c they didn't think they could help her, they didn't see it etc. might not see this. If you want more people to see it put on the aliya questions and concerns or just do a new thread on LII.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 7:52 am
amother wrote:
Im the OP. Do I have to have experience? I have none.

no, you technically dont. they train. they prefer that you do, but you learn on the job. you need a good ear. may be worthwhile to look into it.

luppamom

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 8:02 am
amother wrote:
no, you technically dont. they train. they prefer that you do, but you learn on the job. you need a good ear. may be worthwhile to look into it.

I trained for this (legal transcription), but decided not to work in the field it b/c it wasn't worth it for me. Correct me if I am wrong, but when I did it, we were paid by the page or by the audio hr. That meant at first (for a good few months) it's a lot of hard work and pennies. Also, there could be no bkrd. noise and the computer had to be set up properly or potential for major back and wrist problems. OP, it could potentially yield money, but just before investing time/$ into a class, be aware of the drawbacks.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 3:57 am
luppamom wrote:
I trained for this (legal transcription), but decided not to work in the field it b/c it wasn't worth it for me. Correct me if I am wrong, but when I did it, we were paid by the page or by the audio hr. That meant at first (for a good few months) it's a lot of hard work and pennies. Also, there could be no bkrd. noise and the computer had to be set up properly or potential for major back and wrist problems. OP, it could potentially yield money, but just before investing time/$ into a class, be aware of the drawbacks.

I didnt take any classes for it. it is 1$ per page. the faster you get, the more money you make. I work with kids around and noise around. I have a regular desk and chair. I didnt put any money into it, in the beginning it was difficult, but ive gotten the hang of it.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 12:48 am
amother wrote:
I didnt take any classes for it. it is 1$ per page. the faster you get, the more money you make. I work with kids around and noise around. I have a regular desk and chair. I didnt put any money into it, in the beginning it was difficult, but ive gotten the hang of it.
So the quicker you get the more money you make. SO can I ask, how much can you make a month? (OP here)

amother

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 3:09 am
amother wrote:
So the quicker you get the more money you make. SO can I ask, how much can you make a month? (OP here)

anywhere for 800 to 1000$

luppamom

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 3:14 am
amother wrote:

I don't want to intrude but please make sure your desk is ergonomically set up in a way that you are not hurting your back or wrists. There are so many people that have painful conditions and some need surgery from preventable computer related injuries. If this is your job, invest some money in a good chair, desk and keyboard and make sure everything is alligned to your eye level.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics