Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
ISO reference for Avigail Roberg Lakewood
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 10:42 am
Any one on Imamother has experience or heard of Avigail Roberg in Lakewood dealing and treating kids on the spectrum. I was referred to her by some one and need more info. Please help me asap. TY.

vet techy

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 11:37 am
My friend used her for her son and she cant stop raving about her.
Any questions you have I would be happy to ask her for you.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 1:08 pm
My nephew goes goes to her. My SIL swears by her. I can ask her if you want to know anything. I'm not going to put her name and phone number up on a public board but if you PM me I can give you her info.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 1:09 pm
amother wrote:
My nephew goes goes to her. My SIL swears by her. I can ask her if you want to know anything. I'm not going to put her name and phone number up on a public board but if you PM me I can give you her info.

Oops, this was me. Don't know why it's anon--my mistake.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 7:09 pm
Does anyone know how much she charges? Thanks.

INSPIREME

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 7:18 pm
I think she charges $50 a session - not sure if that is 1/2 hour or an hour

otsrock

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 11:04 pm
What is her method? Just curious, as an OT. Also curious why people would choose someone who doesn't have a background in therapy. Not judging, just curious, as I'm the type of person who'd much quicker go to an MD than a PA.

Please, no lashon hara. I really am just curious.

moneyshouts

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 11:08 pm
INSPIREME wrote:
I think she charges $50 a session - not sure if that is 1/2 hour or an hour

I believe she actually went up to $65 for a half hour.

She uses some yoga-inspired techniques that are to help develop a stronger core. She developed the program herself after extensive research. There are those who swear by her, especially for autistic children.

She recently trained someone, Hindy Rabinowitz, who charges $50 for half hour sessions, I believe.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 11:25 pm
Actually I take my child to her. She charges $50/session. And b"h I'm seeing amazing results.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 10:43 pm
Bumping this thread because I am looking into her for my son... do you know what type of children she helps? What type of issues they have that are helped by her therapies?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 11:05 pm
amother wrote:
Bumping this thread because I am looking into her for my son... do you know what type of children she helps? What type of issues they have that are helped by her therapies?

She helps developmentally delayed kids....meaning all types like autistic (not severely) too. She is amazing, she really helped my son tremendously. She is very honest and will tell you if she feels she can help or not. Most milder autism cases are development delays. She has an amazing book she'll make you read which will give you a headsup into understanding what her program is based on and child brain development. It's very interesting and makes tons of sense.
Good luck!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 1:29 am
Op if you are still around , did you end up doing this? what was your experience?

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 2:23 am
So nu, what's the amazing book? Or do you need to pay $65 to find out...

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 9:30 am
I'm op.
Yes, I did go to her and although was a huge shlepp from Brooklyn, I have to say it's very well worth the cost and time. She has an initial evaluation cost of $185 then $50/½hr session. Today my child is unrecognizable for what the child was. She has really helped my child be just like everyone else.
I definitely recommend her. I've seen other programs which cost way way more $$$ and have success and failure rates. Over here, whoever I spoke to before I went, only spoke of positive success. She devised her own natural method not using computer programs but natural developmental skills.
She gave me a book to read which is all about brain and body function and how baby's develop into normal healthy adults. Its a MUST read and makes so much sense in understanding your child and his/her deficits (if any). It was a real eye opener and answered 99% of my questions regarding my child.
If you do use her, I wish you lots of Hatzlocha.

smoms

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 9:38 am
seeker wrote:
So nu, what's the amazing book? Or do you need to pay $65 to find out...

Someone posted it on the other thread. Several books by Melodie de Jager. They're not available on Amazon. I guess you can Google for more information.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 10:34 am
Op you did this almost 3 years ago....how long did the program take for your child....were you fully satisfied at compleation...or was there more that you wanted to get out of the program....did you see more improvement once you ended the program like is claimed...

happy mommy6

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 11:24 pm
bumped...
I am also looking into her method and am curious to know the answers to the last post?
Was the results long term? Did they continue after therapy stopped?

rim

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 6:05 pm
Just heard about this name Roberg but don’t have any info. Anyone can help me out with experience for her method? Did it stick for long term results? How long is this program take? If anyone has a contact number how to reach her pls mssg me. Thanks

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:01 pm
Ive done roberg with one lf my kids and ot with an diff kid. I didnt find roberg help with what I needed I liked ot better.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:33 pm
Please try ot with a quality therapist before using any of these people. I was very happy with children’s specialized hospital. The therapist there was fantastic and she actually asked me why people shell out money for these services when they were disproven years ago.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics