Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Is my baby normal?!
Previous  1  2

Frenchfry

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 11:26 pm
My daughter was like that, and since she was my 3rd kid under 3, I took advantage of her non-demanding nature.

Fast forward 10 years, she still loves her bed (always did), but in almost every other way, she takes more attention from me than all of my other kids. Sometimes I wonder if her being so placid as a baby, and being so maintenance-free, made her so high maintenance later.

c.c.cookie

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 1:24 am
Out of 7 kids, two of mine were like that: my oldest and my youngest. It's truly a blessing. Enjoy it! With my oldest I can see it really fits her personality - she's a very calm, easy-going nature. My youngest is only a year old now, so can't really tell - but he also seems to have a very easygoing nature.

chani8

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 3:24 am
Your baby sounds wonderful and normal. At this age, a sign that there is a problem would be regarding smiling. The question the professionals ask is, Does your child smile at you?

newme

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:03 am
glutenless wrote:
One of my babies was like this also, not only did she go to sleep peacefully, she also slept for hours at a time. She is still my easiest child, she is extremely laid back and loves to help out.

I could have written this post - especially this last sentence.

I can see why you would worry if you haven't been used to this (I had hardly had enough kids at the time, to know that it was unusual LOL) but a child can be like this sometimes. Enjoy your blessings!!!!

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:13 am
one of my babies was also very easy going ... in fact I had no idea when to change him or feed him ... he just sat there content ... but if you looked at him - he smiled gleefully

now if I left him with a sitter that was another story altogether - he screamed on the top of his lungs - I used to joke I knew he would make a great chazzan ... [he davens for the amud & layns anyways Smile ]

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:18 am
HI, this is OP
Thank you so much for all of your responses!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 11:47 pm
my oldest was like that. I thought I was the best mom, because I put my baby to sleep so easily. I just put him in bed said good night etc. and he went to sleep.
I had no idea what a blessing it was until I was telling a friend who was having a hard time putting her baby to sleep, that she should do what I do. she gave me such a look, like I fell off the moon.
I was in for a shock when my other kids were born. they were all worse sleepers than the the one before. my youngest was impossible.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics