Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Wedding Halls in Lakewood
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 9:37 am
amother wrote:
600 ppl
Hall and caterer. $30,000 includes vallet parking and full open bar
Flowers 3,600 includes beautiful chupa, bouquet, corsages, lapel flowers, centerpieces, and a lobby piece
Photographer 6,000 includes 2 photographer, 2 video men, all proofs, 3 albums (big size)
Music. 4,200 5 piece band plus singer
Total 43,800

The hall is brand new, gorgeous, modern, big, just opened 3 months ago

I could have saved more on the photos by getting 1photographer, 1 video man, 1 album
Also could have saved on the music if we would have gone with a DJ or a smaller band

That's not bad for all that.
It also means working with the other side, doesn't it? Not that our machutanim were hard to work with but we each did our thing independently - the kallah's side booking the hall and dealing with the caterer, the chosson's side dealing with FOP, or FLOP.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 9:52 am
amother wrote:
Wow. I made chasunas a few years ago. It could be with FLOP it hit 20k, the other side took care of that. But our chasunas for 400 in Lakewood and 260 in Bklyn weren't anywhere near 20K.

I'm getting nervous here. You say it wasnt anywhere near 20K. Was it way more or way less?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 11:44 am
amother wrote:
I'm getting nervous here. You say it wasnt anywhere near 20K. Was it way more or way less?

We did the Bais Faiga package for 400 people. I think it was a lot cheaper a few years ago. It was much less. The chasuna in Brooklyn was about 12k but I'm not sure. I have no idea what the other side paid.

lkwdmommy

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 12:13 pm
I have not made a wedding in either hall yet so I don't know for sure.

From what I am told, Bais Faiga/Ateres Chana is 10,000-all inclusive (meal, flowers, OMB, photographer) but you pay more if you have more couples than the basic package (not sure how many) which is really an unreal deal!

Neemas Hachaim would be 13,000 for everything-but they charge a lot for any extras and are not easy about it.

ETA: they recommend that the 2 sides split the payment 2/3 and 1/3 (Those who don't do 50/50) so the Kallah ends up paying 6,600 for the wedding-really cheap!

cbg

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 8:14 pm
First you must set up a realistic budget of what you could afford,and a list of things you are willing to forgo if its not in your budget.

beebird

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 2:09 pm
Does anyone know who the caterer is at Ateres Chana/Bais Faiga? My husband has some dietary issues and we wanted to discuss it with the caterer without bothering the baalei simcha.

Thanks!
DLA

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 2:27 pm
Greenwald Caterers. 732-370-8300
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics