Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Major Snow storm coming to New York - prepare yourself
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

chanee

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 4:05 pm
I'll also have a chasuna but tomorrow night. Do you think I can do it tomorrow? In and out of the city? I hope roads will be cleared, at least something.

sequoia

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 4:09 pm
I was in Glatt Mart today and there's everything on the shelves, except less bread than usual.

It was funny to see a man, obviously a bachelor, stocking up on sushi and Oreos Smile

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 4:27 pm
chanee wrote:
I'll also have a chasuna but tomorrow night. Do you think I can do it tomorrow? In and out of the city? I hope roads will be cleared, at least something.

Based on what they're forecasting now, I would assume that you will NOT be at that chasuna, and if you feel like you have to be there, I would come in now and spend the night. If we really get 2+ feet, it will not be safe to drive in and out of the city tomorrow, and you shouldn't take any chances. Let's hope it's more mild than they're expecting.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 5:19 pm
Nothing major predicted for here in Chicago, but DH runs the cholov yisroel milk distributorship for the midwest and beyond and he got a call from one of the big, big stores here increasing their order significantly and they told him that the milk is going off the shelves very fast. I guess people here didn't notice that the news says the storm is for the NE (they must be too used to Chicago storms)!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 5:42 pm
southernbubby wrote:
The NY airports are closed and the flights are cancelled so my DH has to fly Detroit to Paris and Paris to Tel Aviv to get to our grandson's bris in EY, I"Y"H".
So far, my NY grandkids are still in school but the CT grandkids left school at 12:30.

Mazel tov!!!

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 6:48 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Mazel tov!!!

thanks, he was born yesterday

Fave

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 7:48 pm
Glad that my newborn was born a week early - I wouldn't want to be overdue during the blizzard. Baby and I are B''h home from hospital already.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 7:49 pm
Fave wrote:
Glad that my newborn was born a week early - I wouldn't want to be overdue during the blizzard. Baby and I are B''h home from hospital already.

Mazal tov to you too Very Happy

zaq

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 7:53 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
There shouldn't be chasunas from Nov. through Feb.?

For normal people? Not a problem. For families that get angry and hold a grudge against guests who do not endanger their lives and those of other people to attend weddings during blizzards--and who seem to have a pattern of making winter weddings--absolutely. BTW November is not blizzard season in Monsey. Snow is infrequent, although possible, in November, but January-February is the height of blizzard season.

You make a wedding in the dead of winer, you do so with the understanding that this is a gamble.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 8:31 pm
I guess that's why June is the most popular wedding month.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 8:53 pm
sequoia wrote:
I was in Glatt Mart today and there's everything on the shelves, except less bread than usual.

It was funny to see a man, obviously a bachelor, stocking up on sushi and Oreos Smile

Classic!

Hope everyone stays safe, and mazel tov to those with simchas.

UQT

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 9:47 pm
Snowing yet by anyone? Here in Lakewood nothing doing.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:09 pm
It's been snowing all day in NYC.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:15 pm
youngishbear wrote:
It's been snowing all day in NYC.

Latest reports are putting total accumulation in NYC at under a foot. What are you seeing?

sequoia

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:17 pm
imasinger wrote:
Latest reports are putting total accumulation in NYC at under a foot. What are you seeing?

Yeah, they appear to have confused three feet with three millimeters Rolling Eyes

chanee

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:57 pm
Let me get off this blizzard forecast entertainment, at least another hour. Isn't it night time anyway? Let's sleep it through.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 11:22 pm
Around 4 p.m. my short boots were not tall enough to get me through the snow.

It looked like close to a foot in some places, and it was still going strong in the hours since. But I haven't been out since.

School is canceled tor tomorrow either way, it seems.

SYA

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 12:40 am
It's now a blizzard. Looking out my window is very low visibility. Can see the next street and very faintly the building on the other side. Very windy.

livinginisrael

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 5:04 am
I just want woke up and looked out window. .All I see is a few inches here in Flatbush.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 5:28 am
Pictures, picture!! Post some pictures of snow for us Israelis. It's in the 50's and 60's here. Another boring sunny day.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics