Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Need to make 40 individual deserts....easy ideas pls

sitting

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 4:51 am
Thanks. Wld rather prepare before.....something that looks nice and appealing

water_bear88

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 5:20 am
Chocolate mousse in individual servings? I don't have a recipe but I've seen it done and it looks/tastes good.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 8:03 am
There's a really cool circular/ cylinder ice cream scooper that makes any dessert look gorgeous.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/.....lSrch

(I use it for more than just ice cream!)

Basically, you can prepare any layered dessert in advance in one or two 9x13 pans. For example, one layer brownie, topped with vanilla ice cream, or a tiramisu, etc. (A beautiful easy one is spread softened strawberry sorbet at the bottom of a pan, top with a tight layer of tofutti sandwich ice creams, and top the sandwiches with another layer of different color/flavor sorbet.) At the party, all you have to do is scoop out individual cylinders for each plate! The layers are all visible and it looks really nice. Decorate with sprinkled confectionary sugar or chocolate syrup squiggles.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 8:32 am
I've done mini trifles with chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, cherry pie filling & whip cream

mini pies shells lined with chocolate genache filled with custard & topped strategically with berries

individual layered cakes are decadent ~ but also more time consuming

2ringsnow

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 9:41 am
U can do a warm chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of ice cream on top . And decorate with chocolate on top

SingALong

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 12:58 pm
I love ungars frozen mini pie crusts, can fill with chocolate pudding, pecan pie, with ice cream next to it on plate, you can present it nicely by sprinkling confectionary sugar on plate, add a couple of dots or a squiggle of chocolate sauce or red dessert sauce for color.

Or can do a scoop of ice cream with crinkle cookie stuck inside on top at an angle in a glass cup.

AlwaysThinking

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 2:42 pm
I would do a selection of different ice creams on a tray for people to choose from. You can do them in little plastic shot glasses and with toppings. Looks great and impressive, but very easy. Flavors could include:

Lemon with crumb topping
Vanilla with strawberry sorbet layer
Chocolate with brownies mixed in
Mint and mini choc chips
Mango sorbet
Etc. etc.

elliegator8

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 2:46 pm
Make a large apple crumb cake and cut into pieces and plop some ice cream on top. Ive done this before for sheva brachos and it got lots of love. It was easy to make, too!

self-actualization

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 3:09 pm
I once made 40 small apple crisps - you just peel and slice many apples, mix them with sugar and cinnamon (let's say 1/2 cup sugar per 6 apples), then place them into mini tins. Topping is margarine, flour, sugar. 6 Tbsp margarine per 3/4 cup flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Bake each batch at 350 degrees until it starts to bubble (45 min to an hour).

questioner

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 3:17 pm
I started to see now in stores muffin cups that are somewhat more fluted and stronger than the regular ones. It's hard to describe, but I think that you could make an apple crisp in that and it would look very pretty.

penguin

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 3:18 pm
Fabulous Fudge Pies from here in individual pie crusts (bought). You can do a little whipped cream on top.

Or put onto a plate with some fancy drizzle design and a couple of raspberries (can you get them bug-free?) or maybe cherries?

naomi6

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 12:58 am
buy the ice cream minnies comes in 30 or 60 small chocolate covered ice creams from Israel or kleins put on a plate add small scoop of sorbet and a small piece of chocolate brownie or apple cherry pie delicious easy and Beautiful
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics