Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher in Silicon Valley

iluvy

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 11:34 pm
I'm going to a conference in Palo Alto and I need sources for kosher food! I see Izzy's Bagels but is there anything else? Especially looking for fancy restaurants where I can take colleagues with expense accounts Smile.

Or is there anyone at Google Mountain View who can invite me for lunch? It's minutes away and I know their kosher food is good Smile

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 11:59 pm
iluvy wrote:
I'm going to a conference in Palo Alto and I need sources for kosher food! I see Izzy's Bagels but is there anything else? Especially looking for fancy restaurants where I can take colleagues with expense accounts Smile.

Or is there anyone at Google Mountain View who can invite me for lunch? It's minutes away and I know their kosher food is good Smile

If you want to stay within close proximity to Palo Alto, your other options are picking up groceries at Mollie Stone's (a grocery store located on the same block as Izzy's) and the Krispy Kreme on Leghorn in Mountain View. If you're willing to drive a bit, Jerusalem Grill in Campbell (about a half hour away) is tasty. However, it isn't particularly "high end" and may not fit the bill if you need a fancy decor.

If you need something very high-end, your best bet may be to order a catering platter from L'Chaim Sushi in San Francisco (http://lchaimsushi.com/) and bring it to a corporate office. Their sushi is extremely high quality.

If you need help coordinating anything else for your trip, please post!

iluvy

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 9:39 am
Thank you so much! Will any restaurants further out deliver to Palo Alto?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 12:51 pm
iluvy wrote:
Thank you so much! Will any restaurants further out deliver to Palo Alto?

Glad to help! All of the following deliver to Palo Alto. I don't know how much they charge for delivery, or how far in advance you need to order.

Oakland Kosher (a grocery store with fleishig take-out): www.oaklandkosherfoods.com/ (510) 839-0177
Jerusalem Grill and Bar (fleshig, Israeli-style): jerusalemgrillbar.com/ (408) 866-2666
L'Chaim Sushi (the name says it all!): lchaimsushi.com/ (415) 535-9147
Epic Bites Catering: http://www.epicbitescatering.com/ (845) 642-4230

Oakland Kosher and Jerusalem Grill are certified by the Va'ad of Northern California. L'Chaim Sushi is certified by Rabbi Joel Landau in San Francisco. Last I heard, Epic Bites was in the process of switching their certification from the Va'ad to Rabbi Landau.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics