Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What to give as a bat mitzva present?

bigSmile

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 10:53 pm
I don't know the girl at all, so I have no idea what she would appreciate. My budget is roughly $20.

Do you think either of these are good? If not, any other suggestions from Artscroll? (I can get an employee discount).

If nothing from Artscroll- what else would you suggest?

Thank you for your help!

srbmom

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 11:45 pm
Someone gave my sister the cookbook kids cooking made easy - I thought that was really cute.

Otherwise maybe an overnight duffel or one of those rollup toiletry holders with her initials embroidered

bigSmile

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 12:18 am
Another possiblity: Kosher by Design Teens and 20-somethings

But I have no idea if she likes to cook...

bigSmile

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 12:19 am
srbmom wrote:
Someone gave my sister the cookbook kids cooking made easy - I thought that was really cute.

Otherwise maybe an overnight duffel or one of those rollup toiletry holders with her initials embroidered

Someone else I know is getting her an overnight duffel. And I don't have time to get anything embroidered- the bat mitzva party is Sunday...

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 5:35 am
I just had that. I went to a toy store that also sells things for teenagers and asked them what they think is appropriate for a bas mitvah girl. I ended up buying a over the shoulder bag with colored stripes.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 7:14 am
Small earrings (if pierced) or a sweet necklace.

imasinger

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 7:32 am
Kids often appreciate gift certificates or cash, too.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 7:40 am
if you are getting a sefer get one she would use. Maybe a really nice tehillim, siddur, machzor, chumash etc. If she already received one from someone else she can always exchange one of them. (make sure not to write in it)

my daughters got lots of cookbooks but one is not interested at all in cooking. I guess they will use them when they get married but right now they are gathering dust.

bigSmile

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 8:13 am
How about a Tehillim? One of these: Artscroll Tehillims

lkwdmom2

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 10:14 am
I just gave a white artscroll siddur with her name in gold on the cover. She loved it!

blueberries

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 10:29 am
Gift certificate to Judaica store or check/cash.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 11:03 am
bigSmile wrote:
Someone else I know is getting her an overnight duffel. And I don't have time to get anything embroidered- the bat mitzva party is Sunday...

If you know where they got the duffel, you can get a matching garment bag. Some places will do embroidery on the spot - but if not, it's not absolutely necessary.

I got my niece a duffel bag and she loved it.

For another niece, I got a pretty silver ring.

If you get something in her local Judaica store that you don't personalize, she can usually exchange it if she prefers something else or gets two of the same gift....

Frenchfry

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 11:07 am
A scrapbooking kit?

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 11:30 am
bigSmile wrote:
I don't know the girl at all, so I have no idea what she would appreciate. My budget is roughly $20.

Do you think either of these are good? If not, any other suggestions from Artscroll? (I can get an employee discount).

If nothing from Artscroll- what else would you suggest?

Thank you for your help!

Both are lovely. I like the Bat Mitzvah Treasury. Can that fit into your budget with the discount?

wiki

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 12:46 pm
Best Bat Mitzvah presents:

--jewelry
--siddur or Rosh Hashana/Yom Kippur Machzor (Hebrew name embossed is a great touch!)
--Pesach Hagaddah (I still love the one I got!)

or cash!

Didi

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 1:57 pm
Amazon has these adorable watch sets, that you can change the band and the face plate. I bought a bunch and brought them back to Israel to give, the girls here LOVE them.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 2:16 pm
Jewish jewelry I appreciated a lot and often give.
I didn't use my tehilims etc until very recently in life, I wasn't raised in a tehilim saying setting. So I didn't appreciate then. I also remember getting ear rings, which my parents didn't allow (I use now!), some clothing I wasn't allowed to wear (short shorts!), money, make up (used after big fights... caveat!)). Abook of pics of Israel. I MAY have gotten mezuzos (if yes then we use them now) and also candle lighters (never used, I have nicer now and didn't light as a girl).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics