Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Carrot cauliflower soup help

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 6:26 pm
I had a delicious carrot cauliflower soup once, and would love to try to replicate it. I couldn't find a recipe that includes cauliflower in this forum, so if love to know if anyone has a recipe or can help with spicing! (The one I had was delicately spicy).

I assume I'd use a bag of frozen cauliflower and let's say around 12 large carrots.

Would it work better with sautéed onions or sautéed leeks? What about both? Celery? Would you add any other veggie? Dill or parsley?

I'd love to use chicken broth but I don't have any! Anyone tried chicken consommé diluted in water? Does it taste terribly fake?

I think I would spice it with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Any other suggestions? Paprika? Oregano?

TIA!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 6:39 pm
I would roast the chopped cauliflower and carrots and saute sweet onion and garlic while the veggies roast. Add water 3/4 up the veggies in the pot, maybe use some curry. Bring to a boil then simmer 25 min. Blend and finish off with kosher salt and pepper until tasty.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 6:08 pm
Thanks, Ra Mom! I roasted a bag of carrots and a bag of cauliflower with some olive oil and salt, and in the meantime sautéed onions and garlic (and celery!) like you said. I didn't try the curry (not sure what it is in Israel) but I added lots of black pepper and red pepper flakes and it came out deliciously spicy!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 6:59 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Thanks, Ra Mom! I roasted a bag of carrots and a bag of cauliflower with some olive oil and salt, and in the meantime sautéed onions and garlic (and celery!) like you said. I didn't try the curry (not sure what it is in Israel) but I added lots of black pepper and red pepper flakes and it came out deliciously spicy!
sounds yum!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics