Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anyone in Hadera?

beilariva

Post Sat, Jun 14 2008, 3:27 pm
I would like to know if anyone in this forum lives in Hadera or has friends/family there. Any comments on what it is like there?

freidasima

Post Sat, Jun 14 2008, 4:22 pm
I had lots of friends there at one time...not such great frum communities although they exist..not such great anythings...actually my friends were in Pardes Channa and they were very happy there, several frum small communities...but Chadera isn't known for being a great place, but maybe that was a while ago and now it is better...

Imaonwheels

Post Sat, Jun 14 2008, 5:13 pm
My boys are in yeshiva there and there is a decent size Sefardi yeshiva next door, in Givat Olga or west hadera. There are frum people there but I don't know in which neighborhoods. In Olga you have a train.

The city looks like all Israeli cities though there is a lot pretting up the town going on. Some of the shops in town cater to frum people and there is a mehadrin bakery. So the frum people must be there somewhere. When I shopped for my boys clothing there it was ridiculously cheap.

beilariva

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 4:41 am
I've visited there a few times looking at potential homes to buy. From what I can see it is becoming more religious and I heard that there is supposed to be an excellent yeshiva there. Perhaps this is the one Imaonwheels mentioned...

I was just curious to see if there are other religious English speakers there but it seems to be mostly Israeli. (we're an English/Hebrew speaking family). Anyways, I am happy to hear more points about this place as we're seriously thinking about moving there for a while.

freidasima

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 5:01 am
I don't know about English speakers in Chadera but there are a large group in Pardes Channah, however they are older usually, not younger. And of course you have Zichron which has a growing frum community but that's very expensive and upscale these days...

dilego

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 12:22 pm
My dh has a first cousin living there.She knows english grew up in switzerland &e.y.her husband is of englishspeaking family,but grew up in e.y.Ithink its a very closeknitted community around the yeshive.very charedi.

beilariva

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 2:32 pm
From what I could see in the Otzar neighbourhood there are many haredi concentrated there around the kollel and it seems that other people living in the area are influenced by this. B"H! :0)

There is supposed to be a very nice park in this area, anyone seen it?

yogajew

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 5:56 am
This thread is kind of old, but oh well.

Dh has some family in Hadera. I highly doubt that you will find many English speakers there. I know of two small parks that are usually full of adults and children playing. There is one tiny library that doesn't stock many books (although the childrens' section looked nice.) Not much to do in this town; I really dislike staying there when we visit. The good thing about Hadera is that it is somewhat centrally located though. I also don't know anything about the kollel or the yeshiva.

mama g

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 4:37 pm
I know this thread is really old, but I am hoping there is a bit more info about it by now. Anyone know about the yeshiva/kollel/schools?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 5:59 pm
mama g wrote:
I know this thread is really old, but I am hoping there is a bit more info about it by now. Anyone know about the yeshiva/kollel/schools?

I used to live there not long ago. Can help you out with DL schools but dont know anything much about yeshivot and kollelim.
Its a nice city, on the up and coming. Has developed a lot in the past five years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions