Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
ATT Golden Flow milk buyers!
Previous  1  2  3

Bitachon101

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 8:19 pm
I find all brands have their good batches and bad ones. I like pride of farm best and get it at super stop but just had a bad bottle this week. But in general I like that best.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 8:21 pm
energybar wrote:
I also find that pride of the farm last longest. We don't drink tons of milk... I only use a bottle a week and it always stays fresh. Blue ribbon in lakewood also sells it.

I think everywhere accept for the 3 NPGSs sell it.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 8:35 pm
I just threw out 3 quarts of Greek Yogurt that had a pink mold growing on them. They were opened and I don't know how long they were in the fridge. I used to eat at least a cupful every day but recently I started having frozen Yorgood instead, so the regular yogurt sat around a while.

However, I thought yogurt was not supposed to spoil too easily, having its own bacteria. In fact, I just looked at a new container and it has a very distant expiration date. But I wonder how long it ought to last once opened.

(I do have a really lousy fridge, which needs its very own thread. No more GE products for me, bli neder!)

(anon bec of all this personal info... you know me, you know about my yogurt habits...)

Mommy0302

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 8:45 pm
Another vote for Pride of the Farm! Not such a huge milk drinker but when I do its always and only Pride of the Farm! Store employee told me its better, tried it, and its true!! Why doesn't NPGS carry it??

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 9:31 pm
Mommy0302 wrote:
Another vote for Pride of the Farm! Not such a huge milk drinker but when I do its always and only Pride of the Farm! Store employee told me its better, tried it, and its true!! Why doesn't NPGS carry it??

They had some kind of money disagreement a few years ago. I don't think it was anything bad, I think NPGS wanted to get it for cheaper/sell it for cheaper and Pride of the Farm wouldn't give in.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:24 pm
amother wrote:
I just threw out 3 quarts of Greek Yogurt that had a pink mold growing on them. They were opened and I don't know how long they were in the fridge. I used to eat at least a cupful every day but recently I started having frozen Yorgood instead, so the regular yogurt sat around a while.

However, I thought yogurt was not supposed to spoil too easily, having its own bacteria. In fact, I just looked at a new container and it has a very distant expiration date. But I wonder how long it ought to last once opened.

(I do have a really lousy fridge, which needs its very own thread. No more GE products for me, bli neder!)

(anon bec of all this personal info... you know me, you know about my yogurt habits...)

The expiration dates only apply to company vacuum seals. Once the yogurt is opened they are OK for a week, maybe 10 days max, sometimes less depending on how well they are sealed and if you added anything to them and if you ate straight from the container.

The bacteria in yogurt dies off after about a week and then other bacteria move in.

bobeli

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:35 pm
I had the same thing with golden flow. So I went to a store that is small but has the best turn around and the milk is fine.
I say is the store fridge (even the bigger stores) and the date.
some stores will have a date like jan 07 as the lates date and other store will have jan 11

I say yes to bring the milk back or to mention it to the supermarket because that is the only way they will fix the fridge

rosebunch

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 12:42 am
L K wrote:
Kind of off-topic but related: I've recently had several containers of Greek Yogurt bought on 2 separate shopping trip with prob."nutty", or "plasticky" smell. Anyone familiar with that?

Yes!!

wifeandmore

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 4:16 am
It's the one milk company I don't buy. Always spoils within a day or comes spoiled. I'll buy dvash fresh and tasty (I think that's star it's called) sadly I'll just look for the Golden flow and take anything else

sky

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 9:13 am
I wonder if the golden flow sold in NY is fresher then in Lakewood.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 10:32 am
amother wrote:

Please do start another thread. I need to buy a new fridge and GE is being highly recommended. (French door bottom freezer)
Thanks!

rise above

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 10:48 am
I also only like Pride of the Farm and have pretty much stopped shopping in NPGS because it necessitates a separate trip to another store just for milk.

MadameX

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 10:50 am
All these votes for Pride of the Farm are wonderful! But apparently they don't sell that brand in Broolyn (which is where I am from).

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 1:37 pm
sky wrote:
I wonder if the golden flow sold in NY is fresher then in Lakewood.
it appears to be. In my experience it is the freshest of those available here in Brooklyn.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 6:47 pm
Here in Seattle, the only CY milk I can get is Fresh and Tasty. The flavor is fine, but it spoils SO fast! Maybe because of the long shipping distance. An open container is only good for a few days at most. After that, it goes into my cheese making culture.

What is it with CY milk that makes it spoil so quickly, when OU-D milk lasts forever?

L K

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 11:03 pm
rosebunch wrote:
Yes!!

Did you figure out what's the story with it? I don't want to stop buying it because the only other plain Greek yogurt has starch in it (go figure). I also don't want to keep buying plasticky batches. Any ideas?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics