Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need to move
Previous  1  2

nyer1

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 1:20 pm
oak park , michigan

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 1:21 pm
I was thinking more like Ottawa vs Toronto when I mentioned Canada because cost of living is cheaper there. It has one or two hot weeks a year, but the average monthly max temp in July is under 80 I think. Not a super large community, but large enough with a nice kollel.

ruchelbuckle

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 1:28 pm
I was also thinking Vancouver, but I believe the cost of living there is very, very high.

I know a lot of people are recommending cities in Canada, but I don't know how easy it is for someone to pick up and move to Canada from the US, regarding immigration, finding work, etc...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 1:32 pm
That is true.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 1:45 pm
For cheap, not high, not humid, not hot, with modern yeshivish presence, I'd advise Detroit, Cleveland, Waterbury. Of course you gotta visit.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 2:17 pm
Those places all have humid summers.

nylon

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 4:29 pm
Vancouver is outrageously expensive and Canada requires you to get a visa. How bad are you with cold? Minneapolis is nice. You may get one hot week a year but way less than even Chicago. The quality of life is very good, too.

If you really want cooler summers it's pretty much Seattle, I think. Which is not cheap.

L25

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 5:59 pm
off topic- Ruchel- are you still planning on moving to America?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:41 pm
OP here. Thanks for all the responses. Canada is not realy an option for us. We wanted to stay in the US.

Any other ideas?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:55 pm
Rochester?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 6:29 am
L25 wrote:
off topic- Ruchel- are you still planning on moving to America?

Yup, still working on the papers!

L25

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 8:00 am
Good luck Ruchel!

wiki

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 10:41 am
The Pacific Northwest climate would be right for you. Portland doesn't have anything by way of a yeshivish community, though. Vancouver and Seattle the have yeshivish people within their Orthodox communities, and although the communities are mixed (yeshivish and more modern), there are right-wing school options. Seattle has a small yeshivish-ish-oriented day school and a small all-girls high school (very new). Vancouver has a Chofetz Chaim yeshiva.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 10:59 am
Winter's in the PNW are getting milder, and summers hotter. If you are considering the PNW be aware of allergies if you are sensitive to tree and grass pollens, molds, mildews and fungus. The PNW is often a red blur on pollen maps.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 9:03 pm
Las Vegas is not humid and does get gorgeous weather with a large and growing frum community but def a mix of different types.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating