Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning the bathroom

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 12:36 pm
How often should a bathroom get a full cleaning? I know the counters/sink should be cleaned weekly but how about the tub and toilet? Those need to be thoroughly cleaned on a weekly basis?

Last edited by amother on Thu, Feb 12 2015, 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

nosher

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 12:47 pm
How many people use the bathroom? The toilet certainly must be done often.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 12:49 pm
nosher wrote:
How many people use the bathroom? The toilet certainly must be done often.

Just two adults

Last edited by amother on Thu, Feb 12 2015, 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

mom2dkay

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 12:52 pm
Why are the counter and sink more important than the toilet and tub?
I wash my toilet daily, tub could wait a bit more... The floor is also important, especially with little kids that drip...
If you are only adults maybe you can get away with once a week.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 12:54 pm
One toilet, one adult I scrub the toilet and sink daily. Floors and shower once a week. I dust or sweep the floor daily. Mirror as needed. Even with a large family, my bathrooms were on the same schedule, I simply delegated. Everyone uses the bathroom, they could all share in cleaning it.

nosher

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 12:59 pm
the toilet should be cleaned every day or two while the tub could be done once a week or more if needed. The floor probably has to be done every 2-3 days. If there are children in the house, everything has to be cleaned more often.

bluestar

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 3:47 pm
Id say for sure once a week if its a lot of ppl using and one every other week if not a lot of ppl using it

sourstix

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 3:57 pm
it all depends how dirty it gets. when it grosses me out I clean it. wait...I like to do it before that happens. in my old house the toilet had to be done weekly or I would vomit. but in new house if I skip a week its not terrible. get it? I think it depends how dirty it gets and how often it get so dirty.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 4:29 pm
sourstix wrote:
it all depends how dirty it gets. when it grosses me out I clean it. wait...I like to do it before that happens. in my old house the toilet had to be done weekly or I would vomit. but in new house if I skip a week its not terrible. get it? I think it depends how dirty it gets and how often it get so dirty.

I vomit if the toilet is not cleaned several times a week. The thought of the mess being there uncleaned more than a week is a place I rather not go. My toilets ate also new and I have more toilets than people in my family.

nywife

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 5:09 pm
I generally clean my entire apartment on Thursday night. (Throughout the week I kind of just straighten up but thurs nights I mop and scrub). I clean the bathtub and toilet then.

Frumdoc

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:48 pm
I clean the toilets and bathroom sinks at least every other day, plus of course if I see they are dirty then I clean them up right then and there. I clean the shower after it is used, plus it all gets a thorough clean once a week as minimum.

But different people have different ideas. Vomiting because something is too dirty seems pretty counterproductive as the vomit is even more disgusting to clean up. May as well just clean up in the first place.

(Seriously people let their toilet get so gross they actually vomit? Or is this a wierd expression of extreme distaste?)

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 10:53 pm
The bathroom gets a thorough cleaning once a week. Then we clean the toilet more often.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 12:00 am
We are also two adults and I do everything once a week .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry