Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Good toy for shabbos

yaeli83

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 9:37 am
Im looking for a toy just for shabbos, mainly for my 3 and 5 yr old (boy and girl).
I prefer something that my 1.5 yr old wont destroy.
We have magnatiles already, but those get used everyday.

Looking to spend around 50 or less. I prefer less, but if its really worth it, id spend a little more.

TIA

singleagain

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 9:41 am
what about bigger lego blocks, I think they are called mega blocks, or puzzles with big pieces, or fun board games like candy land, chutes and ladders or the like .... or maybe like a toy kitchen or picnic basket type of thing

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 9:46 am
what about puzzles with shabbos pictures ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1.....hn=ps

http://www.traditionsjewishgif.....0cA8A

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....DEACQ

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 10:03 am
http://www.traditionsjewishgif.....VIA2A

yaeli83

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 10:03 am
Thanks for the suggestions!.
We Have duplos already and a few bored games already, but they usually dont sit too long to play them, and if I play with them, my 1 y/o Will wreck the game.
Will look into the others.
Any other ideas?

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 10:07 am
http://www.traditionsjewishgif......html
http://www.traditionsjewishgif......html

seeker

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 11:15 am
Clics? Or Bizzy Bits, similar but different and less expensive? We have a small set of clics (<$10 at amazing savings) and a larger set of the Bizzy Bits (<$15, same favorite store). Both my 2.5 year old and 4+ yr old enjoy both of them. They can also play for ages with a large dollhouse + accessories, not usually in the under-50 range but I get used cheap/free.

cheeseblintz

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 1:51 pm
Zingo is our shabbos game. We only play it on shabbos so it stays exciting. And it takes a while to play.

sky

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:25 pm
Playstiks ( we got an off brand so we got a lot more pieces)

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:33 pm
seeker wrote:
Clics? Or Bizzy Bits, similar but different and less expensive? We have a small set of clics (<$10 at amazing savings) and a larger set of the Bizzy Bits (<$15, same favorite store). Both my 2.5 year old and 4+ yr old enjoy both of them. They can also play for ages with a large dollhouse + accessories, not usually in the under-50 range but I get used cheap/free.
OOC, did you get the clics at amazing savings recently?
We have a 400 pc set that the kids spend hours with each shabbos and we'd love to add to our collection. I would love to know where to get a good price on them.

seeker

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:42 pm
ra_mom wrote:
OOC, did you get the clics at amazing savings recently?
We have a 400 pc set that the kids spend hours with each shabbos and we'd love to add to our collection. I would love to know where to get a good price on them.

Not that recently but I've seen similar sets there since. They were little sets and I'm not sure the price is better than buying bulk. I just wasn't in the market for big toy or big spend. The box is smaller than a shoebox, says 78 squares plus a bunch of wheels with the sticks and was probably something like $8-9. Works for me! Maybe when the kids get bigger we'll add more, but we do have the 250-or-so Bizzy Bits which is somewhat similar and I like that it has many types of pieces so you can do different things with them.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:53 pm
seeker wrote:
Not that recently but I've seen similar sets there since. They were little sets and I'm not sure the price is better than buying bulk. I just wasn't in the market for big toy or big spend. The box is smaller than a shoebox, says 78 squares plus a bunch of wheels with the sticks and was probably something like $8-9. Works for me! Maybe when the kids get bigger we'll add more, but we do have the 250-or-so Bizzy Bits which is somewhat similar and I like that it has many types of pieces so you can do different things with them.
Thanks!
My daughter received such a box as a gift from someone over Chanukah it had about 64 pieces total and cost about $11. She asked me to exchange it for a "colorful" box because the contents were meant to make a tractor from all black and yellow squares. We have a credit now because they did not have any small boxes with regular colored clics. We would love a really big box of more clics but the bigger boxes were more than we were looking to spend. I am still hoping to find such a big box somewhere for a better price.

yaeli83

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 3:00 pm
Thanks everyone! Will look into clicks and busybitz. Unfortunately I dont live anywhere near amazing savings

seeker

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 3:13 pm
Oh well mine was primary colors but that was a lucky find. They have the Bizzy Bits regularly nowadays I think, or at least they have been in stock since before chanukah every time I've been there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers