Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Tips for a natural looking sheitel

newanonmember

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 5:21 am
Anybody have ideas and tips for making the hairline of your sheitel appear more nautal

RW

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 10:13 am
I personally like bangs. I think bangs give a sheitel a more natural look.

tichellady

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 12:28 pm
I had baby hairs cut into mine and it really does make it look more natural

Ruchel

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 11:49 am
Baby hair.
Lace, when done right, helps a lot.
Bangs look often wiggy, I don't buy bangs Smile

chevi1

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 12:22 pm
what is baby hair?

nicole81

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 5:31 pm
Lace front + baby hairs together work nicely on mine.

watergirl

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 5:34 pm
I really feel like the most natural sheitels are the ones that don't look as amazing as, say, a shevy. I've said many times before that no one in the "real" world looks like they just stepped out of a Pantene shampoo commercial. Even those ladies are helped by computer graphics to get hair like that - only in the wealthy frum circles do you see hair like that, and for good rea$on. You want "natural"? Go cheap.

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 5:36 pm
Curly/wavy sheitals also look more natural

Lady Bug

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 6:05 pm
Another vote for baby hairs. You need to have the sheitel mavher pin the baby hairs down when she sets it and spray it so it stays that way and it looks like it's growing out of your head.

Also, a lot of it depends on the style of the sheitel, not on the quality. Also depends on the person wearing it - some people wear their wigs like, well, wigs and some people hair have that natural flair. Side bangs and layers will automatically look wiggy. A loose pony, natural crop, or naturally wavy wig will look natural, even if it's not a top quality wig. A sheitel macher once told me that you need to mess up the wig a little with your fingers after you put it on so it shouldn't have that "set" look.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 6:05 pm
True, Watergirl.

I would say, messy. Normal hair isn't perfect.

I would say, watch out for shine. A little shine is normal looking on dark hair. Blond hair is never, ever shiny in real life, so neither should a blond wig have shine, or very little.

My synthetics look natural after the first wash. That kills shine and makes them messy.

I would say, examine the color in a strong, white daylight. That means not direct sunlight. Look at what it really looks like on your skin, without any makeup. Notice what the color of the wig does with your eye color.

I would also say, seconding Watergirl, don't look too fabulous.

As for the hairline, that depends on your face, but there again, a bit of mess is your friend.

Looking gooooood is more important than looking undetectable.

People just want to see something that matches who you are very well. Your age. Your face. They don't much care if you were born that way, they just want to be pleased.

Like any other garment. It has to go with the whole person on a lot of levels.

Then, people who know perfectly well you are wearing a wig somehow also feel it's your real hair. Because it has become part of you, wig though it is.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Sat, Jan 31 2015, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolly Welsh

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 6:17 pm
When I first get a wig in the mail, I turn it upside down and shake it very hard, until it comes to life. Then comes the first wash. It dries overnight on the open stand. Then I see what I have.

I never comb them with that thoroughness to the scalp I used to do with my own real hair.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels