Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
What Faction are You

What Faction Are You?
Amity - farming, peace, joy  
 15%  [ 8 ]
Candor - truth at all costs  
 13%  [ 7 ]
Erudite - constant search for knowledge  
 23%  [ 12 ]
Abnegation - selfless service to others  
 11%  [ 6 ]
Dauntless - bravery, warrior class  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Divergent - list your combination below  
 25%  [ 13 ]
Factionless - social outcast living on the fringe  
 9%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 52

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 5:10 am
Have you read Divergent (or seen the movie). It's interesting how they divided up the societies.

I'm split between Candor and Amity. I don't have much of a "filter", so I tend to come across as blunt and outspoken, even tactless at times. On the other hand, I long for a life of tranquility, where I can garden and just hang out with my friends.

Honesty and peace are often at odds with each other, so that makes a tricky combination. I guess it goes with my Gemini personality. Very Happy

chani8

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 6:19 am
Factionless here. Because I don't trust leaders.

I used to be most like Candor. Not truth at all costs, but close. I understood there was a higher level of truth to things. I have an intuitive and deep sense of truth.

To the outside world I look like Abnegation because of the chessed I do. But I do chessed because it's the 'right' thing to do, not because I'm naturally a baalis chessed.

To those who know my past and where I've come from, I may seem Dauntless. I definitely have some fearlessness in me, however it is not because I lack fear, but more because I will put my fears aside for the sake of truth (emess), to do what is right.

I respect Erudite a lot, and my DH and best friend are most like Erudite.

I am a naturalist, and can appreciate Amity types, but to be honest, they tend to frustrate me when they put peace in front of truth.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 6:36 am
chani8 wrote:
Factionless here. Because I don't trust leaders.

I used to be most like Candor. Not truth at all costs, but close. I understood there was a higher level of truth to things. I have an intuitive and deep sense of truth.

To the outside world I look like Abnegation because of the chessed I do. But I do chessed because it's the 'right' thing to do, not because I'm naturally a baalis chessed.

To those who know my past and where I've come from, I may seem Dauntless. I definitely have some fearlessness in me, however it is not because I lack fear, but more because I will put my fears aside for the sake of truth (emess), to do what is right.

I respect Erudite a lot, and my DH and best friend are most like Erudite.

I am a naturalist, and can appreciate Amity types, but to be honest, they tend to frustrate me when they put peace in front of truth.

Wow, we really have a lot in common!

singleagain

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 10:07 am
you wanna know what faction, we are... or what we'd like to be...

bc if I was in the books and choosing, I'd choose dauntless. I want to be brave like them and I want to do some of the things they are show to do.

but what I actually am... I'm probably divergent, bc I can't just disregard any of the factions, I find there is truth in each of them, as well as negative parts of being only that...

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 11:14 am
So easy, erudite. That faction was terrible in the first book but when they were being described I remember thinking what a great place to live

Dauntless seemed immature Confused even though they were the heroes

dimples

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 12:36 pm
I think most people would fall under divergent in real life, since everyone has a different complex personality and will relate to probably more than one faction Smile

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:00 pm
Great Thread!

Divergent.

Erudite because my curiousity and fascination with so many different things is life long. I have always made a point of learning new things- it shows on my resume actually, so jack of all trades, master of them all.

Abnegation- I am constantly of service to my community, my family and even strangers. I volunteer about 40 hours a month on top of mothering, wifing and running my own business.

Dauntless- well, while I would not be jumping onto moving trains, I, at 300 pounds wasn't afraid to train for and complete two half marathons last year. LOVE flying in small planes, helicopters, driving the crazy back roads between Jerusalem and Bet Shemesh. Total Wanderlust as well. I would move just about anywhere and enjoy living there immensely as long as I had access to kosher food.

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 5:08 pm
factionless.

I don't have all the awesome qualities to be divergent but I don't fit into any one category.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 5:20 pm
most of the above ? maybe - I gotta read them better when I'm not rushed

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 5:24 pm
DD would be 100% Dauntless. She's constantly sensory seeking, and totally fearless about jumping off of things, climbing, and play fighting. She also loves The Hunger Games series.

mominey

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 4:09 pm
I think I am a combination of abnegation and erudite but I also think this list is a bit limited in covering the spectrum of different types of people...

strawberry cola

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 3:47 am
Andrea, you sound like an amazing person.

bigsis144

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 3:25 pm
I would never be Dauntless. Dauntless -- in the movie especially = RECKLESS.

It's like everybody had a death wish! No wonder we never saw any Dauntless older than their 40s... when you're too old to jump off of trains, I guess you get kicked out?

While the Dauntless leadership claimed to be training soldiers, it was very inconsistent and nonsensical. Did they want obedient soldiers (before the serum -- I'm just talking the Dauntless philosophy)? Or adrenaline-junkies who bucked authority? If this were a normal military unit, you'd think they'd want to train soliders to work as a team, but they certainly never encouraged any teamwork. In fact, backstabbing and toxic competition were encouraged!

ARGH.

I found the initial concept intriguing, but was frustrated and exhausted by the end of the third book.

Divergent = normal, not special IMHO Very Happy
So I'm divergent, probably leaning toward erudite, amity (I am extremely non-confrontational) and abnegation (isn't every mom?).

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 9:47 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I would never be Dauntless. Dauntless -- in the movie especially = RECKLESS.

It's like everybody had a death wish! No wonder we never saw any Dauntless older than their 40s... when you're too old to jump off of trains, I guess you get kicked out?

While the Dauntless leadership claimed to be training soldiers, it was very inconsistent and nonsensical. Did they want obedient soldiers (before the serum -- I'm just talking the Dauntless philosophy)? Or adrenaline-junkies who bucked authority? If this were a normal military unit, you'd think they'd want to train soliders to work as a team, but they certainly never encouraged any teamwork. In fact, backstabbing and toxic competition were encouraged!

ARGH.

I found the initial concept intriguing, but was frustrated and exhausted by the end of the third book.

Divergent = normal, not special IMHO Very Happy
So I'm divergent, probably leaning toward erudite, amity (I am extremely non-confrontational) and abnegation (isn't every mom?).

I was excited when I first picked up the book. It seemed amazing. I thought it was another Hunger Games.

I kept waiting for it to get good and it never happened. It just dragged and dragged til the bitter end. At that point I didn't even care about who died anymore. I just wanted the story to be over.

happymom4

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:30 pm
Great thread!
We had this discussion in our house after a few of the kids read the books...most kids wanted to join dauntless but all agreed that everyone in life is a divergent!

chani8

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 3:18 am
I couldn't read the third book, it was just so boring. Closed it at chapter 8 or so. Did I miss anything? I doubt it.

champion

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 7:02 am
Just finished watching it last night.
(it took a couple nights)
I would say that I am candor raised and chosen.
but my extreme truth seeking will eventually make me factionless because I would constantly be questioning the faction leaders, and the whole faction system.
thank goodness my dh is abnegation to an extreme
so together we can balance each other out

gp2.0

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 9:44 am
The whole point is that it's a flawed concept and everyone is supposed to be divergent. Won't spoil any more if people haven't read the last book.

Anyway, if I had to choose as a teen I'd have chosen Candor. I'm definitely not abnegation or dauntless. As an adult without kids, likely Erudite. As an adult with kids, I'd want Amity.

loveandpeace

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 11:22 am
Ttly divergent. guys whoever watced the movie ur being short changed!! U must read the book.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room