Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach food already in store!!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 9:20 pm
Anon bc I do not want to reveal my location.
I went to my store tonight for a simple roast for Shabbos and I was in shock! It is not even Tu B'shvat yet and the shelves are filling with Pesadik items!!! I have not even figured out my mishloach manos yet and yet I grabbed a few items that I always have trouble finding at the last minute. I am hiding them in my trunk because is dh sees them he will freak out that I am already stocking up for Pesach. Anyone else seeing Peach creep in earlier each year?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 9:26 pm
No way, the stores here keep everything in storage until day after Purim.

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 9:47 pm
I'm with ra-mom, nothing goes out for Pesach till after Purim. It would not bother me one bit if they put the stuff out sooner. It is already manufactured and in the warehouses and will not get any fresher for sitting in a distribution center somewhere on I-95 rather than on my supermarket shelf. I love receiving as Mishloach manot KLP things that can be sequestered for Pesach instead of having to be finished up, given away or thrown out.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:06 pm
not here - even after purim is too soon for me ...

chatouli

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:08 pm
I wish. I went looking for some ingredients bc I'm due in March and wanted to cook and freeze a bit for Pesach but nothing doing.

bobeli

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:23 pm
I wish they did. I always want to do a KLP MM and can't find enough things to put in

mominey

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 4:05 pm
We just keep the stuff from the year before because we know that the shelves stock the things that were not used up from the previous year so like why throw out the potato starch to shell out another few bucks for the same thing the year later?

imasinger

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 6:43 pm
Where, where? (I know, you want to stay anonymous...)

I am going to Lakewood in a few weeks, where KLP goods are often 20-40% cheaper than where I live, but figured it would be too early to get my nonperishables for Pesach.

I'm all for getting everything done early that can be, so that the harder tasks don't get overwhelmingly stressful.

(Wish I were that good with Shabbos!)

OOTBubby

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 8:02 pm
Here in Chicago, the KLP stuff used to be put out after Purim, but in the last few years, the really big store has been putting it out around Rosh Chodesh Adar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics