Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Chiropractor helps for frequent ear infections?

cool_mama

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 11:03 am
Does a chiropractor help for frequent ear infections? Did it help your child? If yes how many times did you have to take her/him?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 11:57 am
I've heard good things. Can't help you with the particulars.
I had a daughter with frequent ear infections on the fast track to tubes. (Note: tubes aren't the end of the world. The ENT practice we went to was really nice and extremely competent. When the dr. said that she wouldn't need tubes he was quite happy and told me they're like mechanics - they do lots of tubes and do them well. So I felt we were in good hands.) First, we started using achidopholous with the antibiotics. That cleared the fluid, and was the last we dealt with ear infections. I also did some homeopathic stuff that I can't discount, but I hesitate to send someone to a homeopath - it requires lots of homework to find a good one and it's usually not covered by insurance.
Refuah shleima, equal emphasis on both words!

smss

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 11:59 am
I think it might depend on the cause of the ear infection, but I know of people who had success.
chiropractic is at least usually covered by insurance- check.

shanie5

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 4:18 pm
When dds nose starts running green, it usually means an ear infection. I take her to the chiropractor and she clears up in a day or so. Usually only takes 1 visit. DD is now 4 and has not been on medication for ear infection or a/t else since she is about 1 year old. She does go to the chiropractor as needed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics