Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Question for Those Who Have a City Versa/Select

amother

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 4:52 am
I have a City Versa (I'm guessing the Select is similar) and my hood is constantly coming off of the metal frame. It's been like this since it was brand new. Anyone have this experience or did we do s/t wrong or the hood is defective?

aussie2

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 5:56 am
Hi,
I have a City Select and have the same problem.. not sure if it happened at the beg though. (I can't seem to remember exactly). The hood doesn't detach fully just one side gets 'unclicked' and needs to be snapped back into place.
You can try contacting the baby jogger company and see if they will do a/t about it..
It hasn't bothered me that much..

amother

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 6:27 am
aussie2 wrote:
Hi,
I have a City Select and have the same problem.. not sure if it happened at the beg though. (I can't seem to remember exactly). The hood doesn't detach fully just one side gets 'unclicked' and needs to be snapped back into place.
You can try contacting the baby jogger company and see if they will do a/t about it..
It hasn't bothered me that much..

Thanks! It's really not such a big problem as the hood doesn't really help keep the sun out of the baby's eyes anyway. It's just annoying b/c it's a new stroller. As for BJ, I am in Israel. I could theoretically call them, but the hood would probably sit at my parents house for awhile. If it's a universal problem, this won't help anyway. Still interested if this has happened to more people and if anyone has found a solution.

June

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 6:31 am
my city versa is 6 months old and I haven't had any problems with it ba"h.

I agree with you about the hood not shielding baby from the sun - if the sun is behind me I use my body to block it from her face but it doesn't always work. I wish it would open up to one more section.

bezrasHashem1

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 7:10 am
Happens every once in a while...not enough to bother me

dak11

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 4:05 pm
I have this stroller and used to have the same problem. If you take the hood off and fold it up and then squeeze both sides together as much as you can it should bend it back into place and it should stay on the stroller when you put it back on.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 4:14 pm
dak11 wrote:
I have this stroller and used to have the same problem. If you take the hood off and fold it up and then squeeze both sides together as much as you can it should bend it back into place and it should stay on the stroller when you put it back on.

Thank you! I tried it. I guess we'll see if it worked Smile

luppamom

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 1:11 pm
June wrote:
my city versa is 6 months old and I haven't had any problems with it ba"h.

I agree with you about the hood not shielding baby from the sun - if the sun is behind me I use my body to block it from her face but it doesn't always work. I wish it would open up to one more section.

Op here! New trick, everyone!

If you unvelcrow the hood, you can push it much more forward. It won't cover the back and front, but you can make it go forward enough to block the sun from the baby's eyes. (More than it goes when it's velcrowed.)

ETA, decided not to be anonymous. If you see someone pushing a Versa over here in Israel, please say hi!!

luppamom

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 1:15 pm
dak11 wrote:

I guess I'm not so talented Crying I tried this and now both sides don't stay on. It's even more annoying. Not sure what to do. I guess I'll have to wait til I am able to get one from the US.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics