Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
After Weaning Can I sleep in th same room as the child again

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 12:30 am
I'm on night 7 of weaning my 16 month old. For various reasons mostly space related her crib is still in the master bedroom. I was advised that it's so important for her to stop sleeping in the same room as me for weaning so that she won't see me or smell the milk. BH it does work much better when aim not in the same room as her. Since I am still in the process of making room for her in the second bedroom, as a short term measure instead of moving her out I moved myself out on the couch. My husband is of course still sleeping in the master bedroom and goes to her when she wakes up at night which is now happening less and less.

I'm getting tired of the couch but I can't say my milk has completely disappeared. By the 7Th day of weaning can I sleep in the master bedroom again with her crib still in there or will I set the whole process back? She will most likely realize when she wakes up that I am in my bed. Or how long until I can sleep in the same room as her again?

Does anyone have experience with this?

kb

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 12:37 am
I weaned with my baby in my room. It might have been harder for him, but it worked.

imasinger

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 7:46 am
You could have 10 people say it was fine, and your baby could be the 11th that had a problem. There is no predicting from other people's experiences.

Why don't you try it and see? One night won't undo a week's worth of night weaning/sleep training, especially if you just go back to the couch if she wakes and cries.

OTOH, the simplest thing would be to just put her in the second BR already. What's taking so long?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics